Epilogue

The wedding was a small affair, but Isabella preferred this as it meant she wasn't under the gaze of half the tonne on the most special day of her life.

They got married in a simple country church, Emma led the procession as the flower girl, throwing rose petals on the mosaic tiled church aisle, while grinning from ear to ear. Isabella's father walked her up the aisle while her mother and aunt sat sobbing in the front seat; a surplus of handkerchiefs on the seat beside them. All the while Alexander waited eagerly by the alter for her to join this side.

It almost felt like a dream, Isabella thought as she reached Alexander in front of the alter and handed her bouquet of flowers to her mother who took it eagerly between sobs. Alexander grinned as he took her right hand in his and whispered "I love the colour, you look beautiful"

Isabella tried to hold back a giggle as she followed his gaze to the cyan coloured sash around her waist. It was a vibrant burst of colour on the classic ivory dress she wore. An ode to her ball dress and just bold enough to be fashionable her dressmaker had assured her with a wink.

The vicar spoke solemnly through the sacred words of the wedding vows and then it came time to say those life changing words " I now pronounce you husband and wife" Those gathered cheered and Alexander stepped forward, tipped his hat and carefully lifted Isabella's veil before kissing her passionately. "Come come lovebirds there will be all the time in the world for that" her father announced chucking and they broke the kiss laughing.

The party adjourned to Alexanders house for the Breakfast feast. The kitchen staff had outdone themselves and everyone praised and cooed over the lavish dishes that continued to be placed on the dining table. Champagne flutes were filled and refilled and Emma was given her own flute of lemonade - much to her delight! The wedding cake was cut and passed around to stuff already full stomachs. Finally, the crowd departed to give the newlyweds some space. The lemonade finally got the better of Emma and her sugar rush ended in a sleepy state on a chaise lounge before a servant scooped her up and brought her for a well needed sleep. The vibrancy of the day lulled, and a golden silence descended.

"Well my love how does it feel to be a married woman?" Alexander asked as he refilled Isabella's glass. She ginned and took a long sip from her flute. "Hmm I haven't decided yet, how is meant to feel husband?" she said emphasizing the last word. "Well.." he started and moved closer toward her, wrapping her in his embrace "I think it's meant to make you feel ecstatically happy, would you be acquainted with this emotion?" he said almost laughing. Isabella moved her fingers through his hair before pulling his face close to hers and whispered, "Oh I think how I'm feeling beats that". She met Alexanders lips for a heart soaring kiss and when they were breathless Alexander whispered in her ear "Wife, if we go now, we might make it to the bed before I ravish you!" Isabella began to giggle, and the sound quickly turned into a screech as Alexander picked her up in his arms and began carrying her towards the staircase. "Husband" Isabella spoke confidently "Can you be ravished and be the ravisher? Because I think, I like the idea of ravishing you!" Alexander barked with laughter

" Let's find out!".