𝙤𝙤𝙤. 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘,
𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄.
(𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲)

"THIS IS A DATE." marcel teased. "if that's what you want to believe then sure." she laughed. marcel and jenni strolled around taking in how perfect the weather was. "marcel what do you think about this weather?"

"it's really calming." "i agree. i hate the heat. that's one thing i hate about los angeles."

"what do you think of the beach?" he asked her. "i love going to the beach when it's sunset. i normally take the bus there so it takes about three hours but it's worth the wait. we should go there sometime. if that's okay with you." jenni felt as if she was too forward with what she said. she didn't want marcel to feel awkward or uncomfortable in any way whatsoever.

"we should. i recently bought a film camera so taking pictures at the beach sounds great." jenni let out a little sigh of relief. "so you're into photography?"

"yup. basically anything that has to do with film."
"maybe we should dedicate a day to going to beautiful sceneries and taking pictures with your camera." she suggested. marcel was in awe of her. no girl he had ever hung out with suggested these type of hangout ideas. she really was different from anybody he had ever met.

"um, marcel? you there?" he stopped zoning out at her and returned to reality. "yeah, sorry. i just zoned out for a bit." she frowned. maybe he was bored with her ideas she thought to herself.

"we don't have to take pictures with your camera if you want. it's lame." she looked down and felt embarrassed. "no, no, no! i love your ideas. i was just taken by surprise. i mean, i've offered some girls to do this but they always refused and called it stupid. my friends would rather be playing basketball all day but i really enjoy taking pictures."

jenni laughed in relief. "thank goodness i thought i made this whole situation awkward." they continued their walk through a nice area where the leaves fell rapidly from the trees above them. it gave off heavy fall vibes which was satisfying to watch. everybody was wearing sweaters and taking sips of their coffee.

"have you ever been to puerto rico?" marcel randomly questioned. "i was supposed to go last summer but it got ruined when my dad was drunk and got my mom and i into a car crash on the way to the airport. but i would love to visit. i've seen numerous people talk about how it's the best place on earth."

"your dad drinks?" this question made jenni nervous. she liked how he didn't know anything about her life at home and she had just realized she let that slip out of her mouth. "yeah."

"mine does too. he doesn't drink often but whenever he does he acts crazy and does reckless things. whenever we visit puerto rico he always gets drunk."

she felt relieved to hear that. "have you ever drank?" marcel chuckled. "i did once a couple months ago and i hated the aftermath. i mean i also hated how beer tasted but when i woke up i felt horrible."

"i would never drink only because i saw what it does to people. both my parents are drunks and i wish i could see them sober one day and oh my god why am i telling you this?" he laughed a little. "it's okay. you can trust me. most of my tíos are drunks along with my tías."

"i don't know why but i feel so comfortable talking to you about this. whenever i speak about this with my friends they kind of relate but not completely."

their walk consisted of them laughing, talking about deep stories of their lives, and just getting to know each other. this, this is how you really get to know somebody. jenni loved that they didn't ask lame questions such as, 'what's your favorite color?', or, 'where are you from?'.

by the end of their walk marcel dropped her off home and jenni came home with a huge smile plastered all over her face along with butterflies in her stomach.

━━  cat's corner 👰🏽‍♀️
i'm back and i have WAYY more free time
on my hands since i'm on thanksgiving break
so expect more chapters.