s3 e6: "we need to talk about what just happened"

Start from the beginning

"yeah. it's going to actually print hearts one day. you're gonna save millions" kelsey encouraged, putting her phone on speaker and setting it on the bed tray, moving it over her lap and popping a grape into her mouth.

"what time is it now?"

"5:01"

"did they?" she heard a voice ask, hearing their fast paced footsteps.

"no. don't you know how any of this stuff works, kelsey?" alex questioned.

"yeah. there are what, five nominees? they call by alphabetical order and yang is last, so that's why your call hasn't come through yet, but they will call" she explained, gasping once she heard a phone ring after she finished.

"is that them?"

"sorry! sorry"

"oh geez, hairball"

"hairball?"

"jo"

"ah" she nodded, biting into a strawberry.

"mer seriously, what if they don't call?"

"they will—" she started, quickly shutting up at the sound of a phone ringing.

"oh my god, oh my god. what do i do?" cristina panicked, something she definitely never does often.

"answer it!" kelsey and alex said in unison.

"it's boston, it's boston, it's them, it's them, it's them"

"listen to me. you're gonna be gracious and humble, you're gonna thank them, but you are not going to grovel. remember who you are. you are cristina yang, and you are going to change the face of medicine. now go"

"just answer the damn phone" alex shouted, causing kelsey to flinch slightly and turn her phone's volume down a bit.

"shh! quiet. hello? yes, this is cristina yang" kelsey quickly sat up, placing her hand on her stomach with slightly widen eyes.

"oh god" she mumbled, covering her mouth as she ran straight for the bathroom.

"she did it, livingston, she got nominated!" she heard alex yell from the bedroom, putting a smile on her face for a spilt second before a second wave of nausea hit her.

"ew, she's yaking"

"shut up!"

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" amelia asked as she walked up to kelsey later that week, holding her hands out with a smirk.

"no, i'm not still typhoid" she replied in a mocking tone. "still nauseous though" she muttered, eating a saltine cracker from the box she was holding as they started to walk down the main lobby's hallway. "i don't what i had, but it couldn't have been the flu. it's throwing off my period, that's never happened before"

"maybe you're pregnant" the neurosurgeon joked with a smirk as she stuffed her hands into her lab coat pockets with her thumbs hanging over the pouch.