Chapter Thirty: Woodland Thriller Movie

Start from the beginning

"What?!" I screeched, throwing the blankets off of my body and standing up to my feet, "Nine years!"

"I've never jumped this far into the future," he told me, also getting up, "It's usually a few months at most."

Oh my fucking gosh, what the were we going to do now?

Hold on, shall we first figure out what happened between us within nine years?

We were in bed together, wearing these comfy matching silk pajamas, with rings on our fingers. Everything pointed to one conclusion.

Would it be completely inappropriate given the current situation if I would celebrate?

"Either way, let's go downstairs and maybe we'll figure something out," he told me, trying to act calm but it was pretty obvious he was an inch away from losing it. Before we thought using the whistle again might bring us back to where we wanted to be, but now we weren't so sure.

If we blew on the whistle again, who knows where we would end up?

I've realized that all of our clothes were in suitcases and that the closet Leon had in here didn't contain much except for some hoodies and varsity shirts from high school and what I presumed was his future college.

The house didn't change much, it was just Leon's room that looked different.

"Well, you two took your sweet time," his mother laughed, gesturing to the two empty seats that already had plates set up in front of them, "And here you were saying yesterday that you wanted to wake up early."

Just like Leon and I, they aged.

"But we're really glad you two decided to visit," his father chuckled, taking a sip of his morning wine, "We haven't seen you two in months, but we understand how busy work can be."

Months. So that meant we didn't live anywhere near them.

I was still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Leon and I were way advanced in our relationship right now.

Though from the looks of Leon, he was just as dumbfounded and lost as I was. He wasn't even responding to his parents, he had this permanent shocked expression on his face and it was a miracle that they haven't commented on it yet.

"Sir, a letter arrived for Leon," one of the maids spoke as she entered the room, the said letter in her hands.

His mother clicked her tongue, "I thought that you already changed all of your mailing address to your new house."

"I t-thought so too," he stammered, probably because he had no idea how to respond. He still took the envelope, nodding in thanks to the maid that handed it to him.

"At least it arrived on the day you were visiting," his father shrugged, "Talk about luck."

Sir, I was pretty sure that we were not lucky in any regard.

We managed to get through breakfast scathe free. We just kept nodding and agreeing to whatever they were saying, no matter how confused we were.

We picked up a few bits of information here and there – a little bit of college, how we lived in an apartment before moving to a house, and how they have hinted many time they wanted a grandchild. With the last one, I was a flustered mess with my face beet red.

I was fucking sixteen!

So while his father cooped himself up in his study and his mother was on the phone with one of her friends, Leon and I sat on the living room while he started to work his way with opening the letter. Meanwhile, I started to look around at the pictures on the mantle.