i. 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒

amelia sits next to jj and cook as they wait for freddie, an unusual occasion. usually it was the other way around, usually jj and freddie would be waiting for cook and amelia, they showed up late to nearly all the high school classes, and they were usually piss drunk when they got there. "fredster!" cook yells as freddie approaches the group, a scrape under hus chin that makes amelia think he must've gotten into an accident on the way.

"you took your sweet time," amelia says before she puts a cigarette between her teeth.

"sorry," freddie says sarcastically. "good morning ya bastards," he adds as amelia lights her cigarette, a nasty habit she learnt when she was thirteen. "breakfast," cook says handing freddie a plastic glass filled with beer. "it's so early. how can you drink?" amelia asks as cook shrugs. "with my mouth," he says as she rolls her eyes.

"you having that freds?" cook asks pointing at the beer. "just drink it, you animal," amelia says as cook takes the beer. "that's his fourth so far," jj speaks up.

"is that a good idea? college is in a half-hour," freddie explains. "yes. you'll be carrying an attention deficit into the day," jj adds. "intelligent deficit," amelia and freddie say at the same time. "maybe we won't go then," cook says after he finishes freddie's drink. "you're gonna bunk your first day?" freddie asks looking at the annoying boy.

"i'm waiting for a sign," cook says looking at the group. "somethings gotta happen to start us off," he adds.

"shouldn't someone pick up that bike before it causes an acc-" jj says before he gets cut off by a car driving over the bike, swerving, and hitting a small poll.

a man climbs out of the car and starts swearing as the group of teens laugh. "that girl is looking at you, lia. or at freddie. Or maybe she's looking at me," jj explains. "she's not looking at you," freddie and amelia say at the same time. "she's not looking at you either," they say again but this time to each other.

"nice hair," jj says as amelia and freddie face the girl in the car again. "and nice eyes. and nice breasts probably," jj says as amelia laughs, she was expecting cook to say something like that. "shut up, jj," freddie speaks up. amelia turns to cook to see he isn't there anymore.

she looks around to see cook talking to the man who crashed his car. The boy had put ketchup, on his face and pretended it was blood. "bloody hell," amelia says tossing her cigarette on the ground and stepping on it as the girl in the car gets out. Her dad was arguing with an old lady. She walks up to cook before wiping some ketchup off his face and liking it.

she walks away, freddie, amelia and jj walking up to cook. "dad says it's best to leave somethings to the imagination. But that's not right, is it?" jj asks as they watch the girl walk away. "your dad's a bloody wanker," amelia smiles.

"do you think she's going where we're going?" jj speaks up. "she is now," cook answers before the group walk away.