Chapter 2- Coffee Date

I went to the nearest cafe and bought myself a f/d (favorite drink), sipping on it while enjoying the scenery, there was a lake near the police station, so I went there to rearrange my thoughts.

I sighed deeply and leaned on the railing, looking down at the lake, I could make out my own reflection, staring back at me, I tucked a strain of my h/l, h/c hair behind my ear, "nice view?" Toshinori's voice asked behind me, I didn't bother turning around because I knew it was him, I could feel his aura, it was the same as before, calm and inviting, "yeah, it is" I said, he was standing next to me now, "your not much of a talker, are you?" Toshinori asked, smiling slightly, making my heart skip a beat, I smiled back, which wasn't really like me, "I only speak when I'm spoken to" I said, "your quite impressive" Toshinori said, "how so?" I asked, "you were able to get so much information in such little time, not everyone can do that" Toshinori said, "I suppose not, but some people work harder than others, don't they?" I asked, "yeah, that's true, but is it your because of your quirk?" Toshinori asked, "no, I'm quirkless, must be the reason why I work so hard" I said, I felt bad lying to him about not having a quirk, but It was for the best, I barely knew him, "I'm sorry, I hope it wasn't hard for you" Toshinori said, "don't apologize, being quirkless isn't bad, I just makes me more human, don't you think?" I asked him with a smile, which he returned before saying "yeah, I think so too"

We seemed to talk a lot more after that, we exchanged numbers for "work related" reasons, but deep down, we were really just becoming close friends rather than colleges who work together.

I ignored the feeling I got around him because I still didn't understand it, at least, I didn't understand it until Yuna cleared things up for me, "so, explain how it felt again?" Yuna asked, "whenever he stares at me, it's like he's staring into my soul and whenever he makes small comments about me, I feel flustered and my heart rate increases, so, I think I'm scared of him? I don't know" I sighed, Yuna looked, she looked surprised and said, "Y/N....are you sure your not in love with him or something?" I was taken aback by that question, in love with him?! No, I just met him a few days ago, it can't be that, I thought, "no, I'm not in love with him, I just met him a few days ago, I think I'm just overthinking it" I said, "whatever you say, Y/N" Yuna said, though she didn't seem convinced.

I put on a f/c sweater with a tank top underneath, and blue jeans ripped at the knees. I pulled my police badge over my head, and slipped on the same black lace up combat boots from before, then grabbed a bunch of files off my bed and left.

I was thankful for the weather because it wasn't very windy, and I was reading over some files Toshinori had given me yesterday, it was everything they knew about the L.O.V, but I already knew all of it, heck, I knew more that the pro heroes, Shigaraki killed his whole family when he was 5 because he had no control over his quirk, that wasn't in the files, his real name was Tenko Shimura, but that wasn't in the files either, still, the information the pro heroes had gathered on him wasn't too bad, it was important too, his quirk, his crimes, his companions..etc, though, it would help them if they had the information I had...screw it, why not? I thought, taking out my phone and texting Toshinori, "hey, are you free right now?", he respond not too long after, "yeah, what's up?", "can we meet up at the cafe downtown, the one next to the police station?", "sure". Welp, there was no going back now, I won't tell him everything, I'll just talk to him about what I know about shigaraki, and if he asks where I got my information, I'll tell him..

"What's wrong?" Toshinori asked, "I just wanted to talk about this" I said, holding up the files, "what about them?" Toshinori asked, "Shigaraki, you guys don't know much about him besides what he looks like and his quirk, correct?" I asked, Toshinori nodded, gesturing for me to continue, "his real name is Tenko Shimura, he killed his whole family when he was 5, when he first got his quirk, I'm guessing he ran away after that and the villain with white hair, found him, that would explain the photo you showed me a few days ago" I said, "Tenko Shimura...?" Toshinori asked, though it was more of a whisper, "How did you get this information?" Toshinori asked, I knew he would ask, "promise not to be mad if I tell you?" I asked, Toshinori seemed to calm down and his voice softened, "promise" Toshinori said, I took a deep breath and spoke, "I spend most of my nights hacking into the L.O.V's systems, that includes camera footage, there hidden files, there names, quirks, and date of birth" I said, Toshinori was silent for a while, before finally asking, "how many villains?", "All of them" I said simply, "but it's not why I work more efficiently than others" I said, "Y/N, why would I be mad about this? Isn't this a good thing?" Toshinori asked, "in some cases, yes, but I don't plan on giving out too much information" I said, "why is that?" Toshinori asked, I was silent after that, "Let's go for a walk" Toshinori said suddenly, "sure".