Remy Rabbit Bounty Hunter Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

Burglar "We don't need heroes."
Naomi "No."

The Burglar turns while aiming his gun and Naomi shoots him and makes him fall on his back in pain. They see Naomi enter the doorway while aiming her gun at the man.

Tala "Naomi?"
Brooke "Where are the kids?"
Naomi "At my place with my dad. I was passing by to get something to eat for them and saw the window was broken and decided to check it out."

Naomi gets the man on his stomach and zip ties his hands together.

Naomi "Now I have to call this in. You two okay?"

She also zip ties the man's feet together and picks the man up and lugs him over her shoulder.

Brooke "My face hurts."
Tala "He hit me too."
Burglar "Fuck you!"
Naomi "Shut up. So burglary, two counts of assault, breaking and entering, and trespassing. Sounds like enough to throw you in prison for a year or two."
Tala "He hit me three times."
Naomi "AND battery. You ARE a dick."
Burglar "Fuck off."
Naomi "I'll make sure he's taken care of. I'll drop him off at the station and leave it at that. I'm gonna guess all your stuff is in that bag."
Brooke "Thank you, Naomi."
Naomi "Anytime girl's. You two take care of yourself."

Naomi walks down the stairs.

Tala "Are you okay?"
Brooke "I'm fine, are you?"
Tala "I've taken worse than a few punches."

Tala helps Brooke up and Brooke grabs the bag.

Tala "I'm sorry."
Brooke "For what, sweetie?"
Tala "I took him right to your jewelry."

Tala starts to cry again and Brooke approaches her and grabs Tala's shoulder and caresses her face.

Brooke "No, no, no, no, no, baby it's okay. I'd rather lose my stuff than have you hurt."
Tala "I'm tired of this. I can't escape bad shit happening to me."
Brooke "Hey, it's okay. Bad things could happen at any time. It's not just to you."

Tala looks at the burglar's gun on the floor that Naomi forgot to take.

Tala "I want to learn to shoot a gun."
Brooke "Then let's go. Maybe Naomi can show you some time?"

Naomi walks back up the stairs and grabs the man gun.

Naomi "Sorry, I forgot his gun."

She quickly unloads it and puts the safety on.

Tala "Can you teach me to shoot a gun?"
Naomi "Huh?"
Brooke "She wants to learn to protect herself."
Naomi "Sure, I can after I drop the girls off later today. Does that work?"
Tala "I don't have a gun."
Naomi "You can use mine, don't worry about it. Well I should get this guy to the station. Have a good rest of your day girls."
Brooke "We'll definitely try."

Naomi walks down the stairs and out of the front door. The Burglar is flailing in the back seat of Naomi's car trying to get free. She opens the back seat and drags him out onto the hot concrete.

Naomi "On second thought, you can stay there and roast in the heat instead of being in a nice air conditioned vehicle."
Burglar "Roast your bits into bacon you bitch!"
Naomi "Carnivores, almost always the damn same."
Burglar "You're an omnivore!"
Naomi "But I'm not a bitch about it."

She reaches into her glove compartment and takes out a radio.

Naomi "This is Deputy Naomi, I'm off the clock and requesting a small time pick-up."

The Burglar tries his best to wiggle away from Naomi. Naomi closes her door and walks in front of the Burglar. The Burglar looks up and smirks.

Burglar "Got a little camel-"