Remy Rabbit Bounty Hunter Chapter 27

Care watches over everything in the city of Lunon. Echo comes on Care's earpiece.

Echo "Remember who you're looking for."
Care "Big, muscular, and a bear."
Echo "A Polar Bear."
Care "I can't tell the difference!"
Echo "I have you a picture!"
Care "IM BLIND, IDIOT!"
Echo "Oh, right. Anyway, he has a scar across his neck. If you can see that, then that's our man."
Care "I'll be able to see it. Scars leave an indent on the skin. Which is how I know one of your wings is burned."
Echo "Good eye. Now don't come back until you kill him."

Care surveys the area closely. He can see the many cars driving, people walking by and going through their daily lives, and even a store being robbed nearby. Care descends the giant clock tower and reaches the street and sprints across the tops of cars to cross. He scales another building easily and jumps onto the roof.

Care "You said he's supposed to be around here at this time."
Echo "He's probably late."
Care "Or early."

Care looks around but there is no sign of life on any nearby roof. Care growls in anger and walks to the only door. The door is violently kicked open, knocking Care back, and a large bear is standing on the other side.

Care "Looks like he was on time."
Bear "I knew you were following me from the very start."
Care "Bears are unnaturally keen on knowing what's around them."
Bear "You do realize that if you kill me, you will be hunted by my people."
Care "Let them all come and I'll kill them myself."
Bear “Good. We love a fight.”

The Bear runs forward and Care leaps over him. The Bear takes a throwing knife and throws it at Care. Care dodges the knife and a closely followed punch. Care knees the Bears arm and slightly bends it backward. Care pounces on him and scratches his chest many times. The Bear hits Care off of him and Care backflips away.

Bear “You’re the new one to the gang. You’re quite skilled.”
Care “I train hard.”
Bear “Then this should get good.”

Tala is at Brooke’s house and is enjoying the time alone. She’s relaxing on the couch and is painting her nails. The sudden crash of a broken glass hitting the ground startles Tala. She grabs a large monkey wrench that Wrench left nearby and wields it like a bat. She’s obviously scared and shaking in fear. She sees a masked man and charges at him and swings the wrench. She misses and the burglar hits Tala across the face and points a gun at her.

Burglar “The fuck you think you are, attacking me and shit? Give me all you got.”
Tala “Please I don’t have anything!”
Burglar “Bullshit! Where is your damn money?”

Tala is shaking on the floor with her hands held out in front of her.

Burglar “Get the fuck up!”

The burglar grabs Tala and forces her to her feet.

Burglar "Money, jewels, and anything valuable, in the damn bag!"
Tala "Please leave me alone."

The Burglar hits Tala across the face and she starts to cry.

Burglar "You think I'm fucking around!?"

Tala walks to the room and opens Brooke's giant jewelry case. The Burglar starts grabbing what he can and putting them in the bag. He opens another drawer and finds a few wads of cash that he also places in the bag. Tala looks back at the room door and Brooke peeks in at the scared Tala. Brooke places her finger over her mouth to shush Tala. Tala shakes her head no and Brooke sneaks towards the Burglar. She jumps on the Burglar and he elbows her in the stomach and Brooke slips and let's go. The Burglar hits Brooke and she falls back. Tala goes to charge in but the Burglar points his gun at them.

Burglar "Look at this. Someone's trying to be a hero."

He walks between them still pointing his gun and walks through the door.