Kaeya x Reader [By My Side]

[A/N]: I know I've done a few Kaeya one shots but I had another idea haha. This is a hypothetical scenario that Kaeya injured his eye and it's the reason why he has the eyepatch. So this would be pre-eyepatch Kaeya.

TW: Gore and Angst

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

You and Kaeya were sent on a mission together to take down some Abyss Mages that were supposedly performing rituals onto hillichurls.

"Ugh, the Abyss Mages are annoying." You groaned out loud as you followed the map that Jean had given the two of you.

"Oh come on, they aren't that bad. They're fun to play around with, are they not?" Kaeya glanced down at you and you looked back up at him deadpanned.

"Me and you don't indulge in the same activities." He chuckled at you, but then suddenly stopped in his tracks and he went quiet. You looked up at Kaeya, and he seemed to be scanning the area cautiously. You put away the map quickly and pulled out your sword, preparing for an enemy. Is it the Abyss Mages? We weren't supposed to see them for another 100 metres.

"They're here!" Kaeya yelled and defected an attack from a Cryo Abyss Mage. The Pyro abyss mage soon came into light and projected a fireball at you, in which you dodged.

"[Y/N]! I'll handle the Pyro Mage while you handle the Cryo Mage!" You yelled back in agreement and charged the Cryo Mage while Kaeya made his way to the Pyro Mage.

The Mage threw more ice crystals at you and snickered. You focused on him and dodged his attacks. You sprinted up to the mage quickly and struck your sword into the Mage's shield, which quickly shattered. You then kicked it to the ground and held your sword above it's chest.

"How did you know we were coming?!" The mage just snickered once again at you, not answering. Getting frustrated, you twirled your sword to the opposite direction and jammed it onto the Mage's head. Knocking it out. You didn't really want to kill it, plus maybe you can get information out of it later.

You turned around to Kaeya, who had just struck his sword through the Pyro Mage's back. Usually he doesn't kill them, because he also wants to take them into questioning. But, he seemed to be breathing heavily and he looked pretty worked up. You walked up to Kaeya and gently put a hand onto his shoulder.

"You okay?" You asked him with a sweet smile. He looked at you with his icy eyes and smiled back.

"I'm alright. This one was just particularly anno—" Kaeya paused his sentence, he seemed to be fixated on something behind you.

"[Y/N]! Move!" Kaeya suddenly pushed you to the ground and you landed with a thud. You were about to scream at him until you heard a 'shhk' sound. Kaeya howled out a blood curdling scream. You hastily got up and looked at Kaeya, who had just fell to the ground.

Your eyes widened with shock and fear, and your face contorted. You felt like you were frozen. What you were looking at was unsightly. Kaeya had an ice crystal pierced into his right eye. Blood spewed out as he gripped the grass tightly with his fists, ripping the roots out. His other eye was wide open, contorting with pain and agony. His screams of pain continued as he arched his back.

Your eyes snap with rage towards the Cryo Mage. You thrusted towards the mage and pierced it's head with your sword. You heaved because of the anger that soon switched to worry when Kaeya shrieked again.

You sprinted to his side and clutched his shoulder. "KAEYA!" You held his head up with your hand. You stared at the crystal, the right side of his face was covered in blood and the grass below him was stained with the crimson liquid. He was going through so much pain he couldn't even speak a word.