ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

|

|

{13th november | 13:56pm}

|

yaoyorozu looked across the classroom nervously. they had a maths lesson right now, but something wasn't right. and the rest of the class knew it. not only was there a tight tension in the air among a certain group of people, but there was also someone missing. someone who never missed lessons unless something was very, very wrong.

y/n.

at every chance she got, yaoyorozu would glance over at y/n's empty seat, wondering if she would just appear out of nowhere, and she'd even glance out of the windows. if she was suddenly so ill she had to go to the infirmary or back to the dorms, yaoyorozu would've been told by now (or at least overheard from someone), so that was unlikely. it was clearly something people didn't want to talk about, and it was infuriating. 

the only person she could even ask at that moment was todoroki, since he was the only one next to her. at least he and y/n were friends, right? maybe he'd know at least something. plus ectoplasm wasn't explaining anything, so it gave her a little bit of time to talk, which was something she rarely did in lessons. 

"hey, todoroki," she whispered, almost so quietly she couldn't hear herself. thankfully, he heard and turned his head to the left, his eyebrows raised in mild surprise. "is y/n okay?"

he was quiet. it wasn't out of the norm for todoroki to take a while to answer, since he wasn't the most sociable person in the world, but even this silence was strange for him. it seemed like he was thinking really hard for an answer that wasn't a lie but that would give away as little as possible.

"she's busy," he answered bluntly, before looking back down at his work and finishing his question. yaoyorozu sighed, even more on edge than before and worried about her crush's well-being. the people she'd noticed to be more... off than usual were bakugo, kirishima, midoriya and uraraka, which meant there might've been some sort of argument. even iida was quieter than usual, keeping to himself and occasionally stumbling over his words (which was not like him at all). but even when y/n argued with people, she never skipped class.

something had definitely happened at lunch.

sighing, yaoyorozu rested her head on her hand as she finished off her algebraic equations and watched as the clock ticked past 2pm. there were only ten minutes left of the lesson, and she wanted to leave as quickly as possible so she could try and find y/n. even if she was late for 6th period, something she'd never done before, she wanted to make sure her lover was alright.

ten minutes passed incredibly slowly. kaminari was just himself, complaining about how he didn't understand maths in the slightest and wanted to make a petition to get it banned in schools (ashido and mineta agreeing). this meant he probably wasn't involved, and neither were the other two. he even muttered something about the fact that he didn't need quadratics when he was a big pro-hero with ten girlfriends, but yaoyorozu ignored him. her mind was too focussed on where the hell y/n was.