19: Hanging Around ✔︎

Start from the beginning

    My Papa sits beside me and hugs me close. "I was terrified, you know? Embarrassingly terrified."

    "The Winter Soldier, terrified? I highly doubt that."

    "I'm not him anymore. I don't want to be. I'm White Wolf now."

    "I don't want to be ShadowHunter anymore. But, I don't think I'm changing any time soon." I glumly speak.

    "You can. ShadowHunter doesn't make up who you are. Sure, you know how to kill someone in under a second or could take on a fleet of people. But, that's not you."

I only nod and lean against him. The tears well up in my eyes, but I quickly sheath them. I have not cried in many years. No need to start now, especially over something as silly as this.

    My dad notices though, of course he notices. He always does.

    "Want to talk about it?"

    I shake my head, "not here."

    After only three hours, which is way faster than what I took to travel to Bucharest, we arrive back at the compound.

    "Do you want to sleep off jet lag or go ahead and do the tests? They shouldn't take long."

    "Tests," I pause, "what will the tests be?" My mind is forced to think of my life during HYRDA.

    "Nothing bad," Bucky promises, giving Bruce stern eyes.

"Maybe you should stay with us Buck, they'll be over soon." Steve convinces.

Bucky turns to me, "you'll be ok?"

"Just fine." I smile reassuringly.

Bruce and I go to his lab, it being on the top floor with the other extra rooms.

    "Just sit down on that table," he points to a metal table in the lab. "Let me get my stuff from the cabinet."

    A few moments later he is beside me with a...camera? Something of the sort. I decide to question it.

    "What is that?"

    "It is just a tool that takes a picture of your head, your brain. I'll also hook you up to a monitor, to well monitor your brain activity."

    "Will it hurt?" I quietly ask.

    "It shouldn't," his bad comforting skills is more off the charts than his science.

    "That's really comforting." When I get scared, I get sarcastic. I wouldn't say I'm scared, but I wouldn't say I'm the most relaxed person right now. But, when am I ever truly relaxed?

    His pictures he takes don't hurt at all, the needle he sticks in me to test my brain activity didn't either. You could say I'm used to it.

"I won't get the results in like a day or so, your mind being so complexed and brainwashed."

"I have a question. How did you guys find me so fast? I was in Romania and you happen to get there and save me, well I wouldn't say save. I had it handled, but anyways it's Romania! How'd you guys do it?"

"We just used our scanners. Tony's high tech helped plenty. Also, we just guessed. You are much like your father so you were either going to a HYDRA base in London, or you were going to Bucharest. We got lucky."

In that second a very worried Peter walks in, "oh my god, I was so scared. I was worried I did something, or said something. Then, your dad-. It was just all sorts of emotions, and please never do that again." He rants and ends with a hug.