Chapt. 13

━━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━━━Hotaru's P

Hotaru's P.O.V

I closed my eyes. This is it, this is the end. I could hear the monster screeching. I hold my breath in and just listen to the screeching.

Silence...

The screeching stopped...?

I slowly reopened my eyes and see the monster dried out and just standing there shining in the sunlight. I reached out and touch the leaves of the monster.

"It's dry", I said out loud.

How can this be? It was green, active, and full of life, but now it's dry, still, and turned brown. My head couldn't even wrap around on what's going on. I just kept looking at it, not sure what to do or say.

I could hear shuffling noises behind me. I turned to see Iride, still shocked, picking up Kudo and putting Kudo's arm around his shoulder and got up.

"Is it because of the sun?", Iride questions.

Just like that, a light flicked in my head. That must be it! Looking back at it we were running through the corridor with no sun shining on it. Also, back in the lobby when it first attacked, it stayed away from the sun. How could I not see it...

"I think you're right, Iride. We should go to the others and tell them about this creepy flower...", I suggested.

Iride nodded, holding on Kudo even tighter. I went to the other side of Kudo and put Kudo's arm around my shoulder. Iride looked at me and smiled at my action to help, but I didn't really notice. I was too shocked and scared, all of this is way too much. I hate it here, I just want to go home...

We walked until we found the door that led to the others. With one hand, I pushed it opened. Slowly revealing two of us holding up a pass out Kudo. The others rushed to help while some just watched. Roromori put down a rice bag and we laid Kudo's head there and let him rest.

It's time to tell the others the madness we witnessed.

━━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━━━
Woah I finally updated after a while. Sorry it's short, I wrote this during Spanish class lol. Anyways, this doesn't mean I'm fully back. I still have a lot to do like finals and homework. Also, I just procrastinated and kinda lost motivation but I decided to update a short chapter today. Idk when I'm gonna post another one tho....sorry :( Also, I changed my writing style cuz my other one was trash....