Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them

Start from the beginning

        'Oh?'

        'I'll explain it later, we don't have time.'

        "Hey you!" The man was speaking to Illumi," You wanna fight? I want to test your skill."

        We go outside to a nearby abandoned park.

        "I was really looking for a fight, so I chose the strongest person around, and turns out, you were probably itching for a fight too." The man gets in a fighting stance and Illumi gets ready. Illumi knows that this isn't an ordinary guy, he's using nen and it takes him a short amount of time to produce a lot of ren.

        'I don't want to feel useless, voice'

        'Don't worry, you won't be useless' Was all the voice said before they started their fight to the death it seemed.

        "Hey, girl! How about you fight too, you look like you have something up your sleeves!" He says as he kicks Illumi and Illumi blocks it with his forearm.

        His girlfriend starts walking up to me and producing her ren.

        "Finally, a new toy to play with." She sighs.

        "I'm (y/n)."

        "Chloe." She responds.

        She seems to teleport towards me and I teleport away too. We switch positions over and over again until I decide to make a move.

        I take out my tentacles and get up on them.

        "Tentacles? An interesting choice." She Chloe says.

        Her brown hair whips around as she tries to grab one of my tentacles and throw me off balance.

        I dodge swiftly. She ends up landing a punch to my stomach.

        'Come on! Use your slender sickness'

        I get back to focus and use my abilities on her.

        Chloe looks surprised, as would anyone, but it was a different type of surprise.

        "So you have powers."

        "It's an ability, I wouldn't describe it as that."

        "There's someone inside you, he's helping you."

        'How did she know?'

        'She's the girlfriend of an occult leader, what did you think would happen?'

        'True'

        "I bet you're speaking with him right now."

        "Hey girl!" Why does he keep calling me like that.

        "Yeah?"

        He runs up towards me, too fast for me to think, not even Illumi is able to help.

        My eyes widen as he steps closer and closer towards me, aiming for my heart. Regeneration won't save me from this.

        In the blink of an eye I was being covered by someone I've never met before, or maybe I have.

        He had dark blue hair, red eyes, and a slightly muscular body. He moved like a leaf blowing through the wind, so smoothly and airy.

        "Hi, my name's Avira." He says grabbing the hadn't of the man who tried to attack me. His voice sounded exactly like the one in my head.