With that he got up and I followed him out to the kitchen where he had a basket set on the table. Both Lyell and Xerxes were in their room as we went into the kitchen.

Court went into the kitchen and I followed him as he grabbed the basket and removed things. "Can you put a pan on the stove? I'll be frying the fish." Court asked and I went over and put a pan on the stove as he pulled out four fish that were dead.

"If you can mix these seasonings together for me, I can work on the fish." I took the seasonings, took out a bowl, and mixed them together as I glanced over at him.

Court held a knife in his hand as he cut off the heads off the fish and proceeded to descale certain parts before he came over. I moved over as he seasoned the fish before putting some oil in the pan and lighting the wood in the stove on. 

After the oil sizzled, he set down the fish before collecting the bones and heads and placing them in some cloth and wrapping them up. "What do you do with those?" I asked Court and he looked over at me.

"Typically put them out for any passing carnivores or omnivores to eat." Court responded as he pressed each fish into the pan and let them cook up. He then put some butter in the pan with the fish and continued to fry them.

Once the fish was cooked Court removed the pan from the heat and put out the fire. "Can you get me two plates?" Court asked and I bent down and took two of them out.

He put the fish onto the two plates and smiled at me. "And now we have fish." He told me with a smile, and I smiled back at him. Court walked behind me and grabbed two forks and set them on the plate.

We sat down at the table and began to eat. "This is your first-time eating fish if I'm correct?" Court asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I don't believe there is any fish in the village." I told him even though he lived there.

"Yeah, it's weird knowing that humans haven't tasted the wild. I mean I know why but I'm so used to it but also accustomed to the villages food." Court smiled a little as he looked up at me.

I smiled at him as I finished my fish and handed him the plate to put in the sink. Court stood up and set both our plates into the sink before he turned over to me and gave me another smile.

We went back into the room and I went over to the wardrobe and took out a nightgown to wear. Court changed into his night clothes before getting into bed as I crawled over him, laid down, and pulled the pelt blanket over me before turning to him.

"What exactly do you do on the full moon?" I asked and Court turned to me and gave me a small smile.

"Well, we take our sacrifice from the village for one," Court started as he turned over to me causing us to face each other. "This sacrifice is my pack's turn in the same way when you were the sacrifice it was my pack's turn, Thorin and I's packs take turns on who gets the majority of the sacrifice and the other pack gets what is left over." Court explained and I nodded.

"But typically, after we have gotten our sacrifice, we bring it back and split it among the pack and go for a run. Nothing special and big happens besides the monthly sacrifice which most of the pack looks forward to." Court explained.

"Do you like the taste of the farm animals?" I asked.

"I don't mind the taste but unlike my pack I have grown up with it frequently. Most of my pack prefers the prey animals but they don't mind the farm animals and we always eat all of it since we require much more nutrition than you humans." Court smiled at me.

"Did you do anything special on the full moon?" Court asked leaning over towards me.

"Here?" I asked.

"No, when you were with your parents, what do you guys do there?" Court asked.

"We mostly just stay inside. We were taught from an early age to stay inside." I told him and Court nodded at that.

"Did you grow up by yourself?" Court asked.

"Yeah. My mom kept me inside most of the time, the only time I really went out was to help her. She was paranoid from how close we were to the woods. I didn't have any friends growing up." I explained to him and Court nodded.

"If it makes you feel any better, none of us have killed a child that had wondered in. Most of us just scare them back out or walk them over closer." Court told me and I nodded.

"Have children wandered into the forest?" I asked.

"Not if I have been alive that I can recall, but a few of the older wolves here had seen kids wander in. Most of us are more content with chasing people out unless they persist and that is where the deaths come into play." Court explained and I nodded.

Court yawned before he smiled at me. "Goodnight Ruby." Court said ending the conversation as he pulled his blanket up over him and I smiled at him before turning back over.

"Goodnight Court."

1638. Sorry about the late update. I was without Wifi so I couldn't get an update out. Hopefully, you guys like this chapter! Also, they are having some bonding moments and more should come up as well between Court and Ruby. ***

 ***

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Redजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें