ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴇʟғ ᴇᴀʀs ! ᴇʟғ ᴇᴀʀs !

Start from the beginning

josh walked closer and the boy immediately noticed. his head shot up and let out a little gasp. his bottom lip stuck out more as he tried to hold back tears and josh could tell.

"hey.. i'm not here to hurt you or anything. i'm here to help." joshua says and smiled kindly at the smaller before kneeling down next to him. "let's see what you got there, hm?" he said and the doe eyed boy slowly moved his hand closer to the older.

"i-i don't-don't know what hap-happened... i was jus-just playing an-and he st-stopped moving.." the younger stuttered and joshuas heart shattered.

"oh you poor thing.. it's alright." joshua says and moved so that he was sitting next to the smaller boy.

as he was sitting there, he noticed a few leaves on the tree behind them started to fall. he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and noticed the grass around the boy start to darken. it wasn't dead or anything.. it was just turning a darker color.

"hey.. let's go somewhere really nice, yeah? that way we can bury him in a really pretty spot." he said and the smaller nodded weakly.

they both get up from their spots and started to walk off.

joshua looked back though at where they were sitting before and noticed the grass go back to normal. that was odd.

after a few minutes of the two just walking, they ended up in this little spot with flowers everywhere. joshua thought it was so pretty.

"you ready, sweetheart?" joshua asked the smaller and the boy nodded, blushing a little at the nickname.

the smaller watched as joshua started to make a small hole with his hands near a rose bush and got a bunch of dirt under his nails. he didn't mind it though. he was doing this for a good reason.

he got up after a moment and then looked over at the boy. "go ahead and set the little guy-" he was cut off by giggling. he furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head as he looked at what the small boy was giggling at.

joshuas eyes widened and his heart skipped a bit. the mouse was alive.

"he's okay!" the smaller squeaked and continued to let out these heavenly giggles, making joshuas heart melt.

he noticed the boys cheeks turn a slightly darker shade of red and he also couldn't help but notice on some of the trees around them, there were vines starting to wrap around the base of the trees and josh was so confused.

there were also flowers growing randomly around them. what was happening? was this some sort of dream? he didn't know.. but whatever it was, it was beautiful. he's never seen something so gorgeous.

the smaller boy looked at joshua with the biggest grin and he swore he stopped breathing.

this boy was absolutely gorgeous.. he was prettier then very girl joshua had ever seen.

his long lashes complimented his eyes perfectly, his nose was a little pink from sniffling and joshua thought it was cute, his chubby cheeks were red from how big his smile was, and his hands.. there was something about them that caught joshuas eye..

they didn't look bad or anything.. no no no! they just looked so soft and oh so small. it reminded him of rose petals.

he watched as the boy leaned down and set the mouse on ground. the little thing rushed off and then the smaller looked at joshua. "thank you for coming with me.. i really appreciate it." he says and joshua grinned. "of course..?" he said, waiting for the boy to tell him his name.