𝐗𝐈. GODRIC'S HOLLOW

Start from the beginning

Together. We were together, and that was enough.

I took his hand.

It was as though the destruction of the war had skipped right over this town.

Godric's Hollow was bursting with light and happiness. The windows in all the houses and stores and restaurants were lit, and people were seen smiling and talking inside.

Draco and I didn't really have to hide, exactly. I was no longer being hunted, but we still pulled our hoods closer over our faces just in case.

"They're all so at ease," Draco breathed, staring wistfully at a window that showed parents and their kids laughing at the dinner table.

I gently grabbed his arm and pulled it lightly. "Come on," I whispered.

Even though I had never been here before, I found myself walking through the town easily, and stopped when I saw what I had been looking for.

A large cottage, on the outskirts of a line of houses, the only one unlit. My breath hitched, and my hand flew up over my mouth. Draco looked down at me quickly, then followed my gaze to the broken house.

Understanding flicked through his eyes, and he began leading me over to it. One hand on Draco's arm, the other still covering my mouth, muffling my shaky breaths as tears filled my eyes.

It was a beautiful house, save for the destroyed parts. I could perfectly imagine my handsome father and beautiful mother smiling at each other as each of them held Harry and I. I closed my eyes and imagines Sirius and Remus joining them, imagine Harry and I growing up as normal kids with our parents in this normal, wonderful, house.

A sob slipped past my lips as I lowered my hand and reach out to touch the plaque in front of the house.

It was a memorial, gold lettering explaining who had lived here and what had happened. And, around the edges, carvings. I almost grew angry, thinking about vandalism, before I realized what they said.

Stay strong, Potters!
Thinking of you two <3

We're with you, Harry!

There were so many others, but one caught my eye and made my heart stop.

Giovanna,
Never forget where your heart lies.
Here, with your family. With your brother.

I don't have any doubt you'll realize that.
Until you do,
- Moony

More tears blurred my vision and I quickly blinked a few times to get them to fall. "He knows," I whispered, hardly daring to breath.

"Who knows what?" Draco glanced at me.

"Remus. Moony, tha-that's his nickname. He knows that I've gone to the Manor. Which must mean the Order and Harry know, too." 

Draco was silent, not really knowing what to say. But I turned to him with wide and hopeful eyes.

"He's not mad! Well- I'm sure he is. But in this he's not. He- he's ready to take me back, I can go back-"

"Back where?" Draco cut me off, his eyes cold.

I froze, my growing smile dropping. "I-I don't know where, exactly. But to the Order. I can make things right with them!"

Draco pulled his arm out of my grasp and took a step back. "And what about me?"

I frowned, confused with what his point was. "What do you mean?"

"When you go take refugee with the Order, what am I supposed to do? Continue on torturing at the Manor? By myself?"