Third kick. He's racking his brain for a memory, a nice dream, anything!

By the Fourth kick, Katsuki has found his happy place, heartbeat slowing its rapid pace ever so slightly as he lets himself drift...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katsuki Bakugou had met Izuku Midoriya when the two of them were only 5 years old. Katsuki remembers the day with perfect clarity... The dark green curls of Izuku's hair bounced as he trotted up to Katsuki, eyes just a shade darker than his hair. Izuku was smaller than he should've been at five years old, (Katsuki hadn't realized this until he'd gotten older) he was a really scrawny kid too.

Izuku had held out his little dainty hand to Katsuki, the freckles on his cheeks lifting as his lips curved into a smile. Katsuki remembers thinking that the damn thing could rival the damn sun if he smiled any wider. "H-Hi!" The greenette had stuttered out, smile never faltering despite the nervous stutter of his voice. "M-My name is Izuku! Uh, w-what's yours?" Katsuki had done nothing but stare at the boy from his plastic chair, crayon still mid-stroke on an AllMight coloring page. Izuku's hand trembles, obviously anxious by the lack of an answer. Katsuki had never seen somebody so full of light and joy before, so to say that it was disorienting for him was an understatement...

Finally, after several long seconds, Katsuki grunted out. " 'M Katsuki." Before bringing his attention back to his coloring page. Izuku's still outstretched hand was forgotten entirely by the time he grabbed a yellow from the container of crayons. The blonde-haired boy had expected the conversation to be over after that, but it soon became clear that Izuku had other plans. "Is... Is that All-Might!?" The greenette questioned, voice going high in what could only be excitement. "Yeah, what das it look like, Nerd?" Katsuki replies grumpily, trying his best to stay inside the lines of the picture. He didn't like these crayons. The damn things were just too bulky for the spaces in his picture, and most of them had already been broken by other children so they didn't fit very well in his hand.

"Well, i-it looks like All-Might!" Izuku exclaims with a giggle, answering his question as if it was the funniest thing he had ever heard. It's then that the wax crayon snaps in Katsuki's hand. "Stupid crayons!" Katsuki yells, throwing it on the floor before crossing his arms with a pout. Izuku looks at Katsuki's upset face, and then the crayon... He perks up suddenly, a smile spreading across his face once more as an idea seems to come to him. "You can borrow my crayons if you want! They're really nice, my mama bought them for me but we can share!"

A few seconds of silence, and then a gruff ".... Ok."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the memory ends he panics, not wanting to leave his mind. His mind was the only place he could truly be safe from her, she couldn't reach him in there! NO! HE DIDN'T WANT TO GO YET! PLEASE! HE DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE!

The sharp heel of her shoes digs into his shoulder blades, no doubt leaving ugly, square-shaped bruises all over his skin. His entire figure shakes in effort not to scream. Despite this though, a barely audible noise leaves his throat. Tears gather in his eyes because he knows she heard it. She always does.

Suddenly he's being yanked off the ground by the collar of his shirt and thrown against this desk. His back collides with the sharp edge of the desk causing him to yell out against his better judgment. "Pathetic, you're training to be a hero yet you can't even handle being disciplined by your own mother!" She sneers, watching him as he struggled to hold himself up. His legs were shaking wildly, it's something he can never quite gain control of whenever he was beaten. It's embarrassing as hell too, stumbling and shaking as if he were a newborn fawn straight out of the womb. Katsuki keeps his eyes trained on her, his red orbs dark and defiant despite the fact that he was clearly terrified of whatever was to come. He knows that she wants to break him down, crush the fiery passion to win that had made a home in his heart years ago.