章三 (chapter three)

Furrowing her eyebrows, the young woman leaned forwards in her seat. 'Is there a problem with that?'

Her agressively drawn question took him surprise as we wiped some coffee from the table and his black colored shirt.

'Not at all, you just don't see too many Geishas around this part of Japan. I've heard they're mainly attracted to parts of town that skirt along urban areas, not directly in the heart of one.' Thoughtfully, he placed the dirtied napkins on the table and checked his leather wrist watch for the time.

12:43 p.m.

'Yeah, well I rented a place all the way out here. It's a little far from where I work but I figured the exercise would be good for me. What about you, where are you staying?'

'There's an apartment complex down the road from here, it's called  Renaissance Fairs, I'm not sure if you've heard of it.'

'I'm afraid not, I often only come to the city on my days off. This local cafe has been here for years.' Her verdant eyes gazed around the room, taking in every detail of the old fashioned coffee shop. Although more of the tables had opened up, she hadn't wanted to leave mid conversation. That would've been a move of rudeness.

'Do you have family here, a partner?'

'Partner?'

'Yeah like a boyfriend or maybe even a husband.' Looking down at her right hand, he hadn't seen a dimond ring snug around her ring finger.

Several silent moments had passed by before she let out an irritating snort. Her eyes closed as she let out a loud laugh, head lolling backwards.

The man was afraid that he had asked another inconvenient question for her, a slight flush appearing on his face.

'Th-that's a good one.' She wiped some tears that began to form in her eyes. 'But the answer to that is no.'

'Oh. Have you been in a relationship before?' He wasn't exactly sure why he'd wnated to know the answers to these questions, and hoped she woudln't take it the wrong way.

'What's it to ya?' Snapping at him, he cowered away slightly catching a glint of hurt in her angry eyes.

'Sorry.'

***

I apologize for the incredibly short chapter, an inconvenience has risen. I must tend to it. (If there are people who are still left reading.)