closer

Hyunjin had been walking through the halls. He was alone again. He tried to avoid people as he had done before. He kept his head lowered, waiting for the day he could move away. He kept his books in his hands. He walked into class and fixed himself up in his desk chair. He opened up his notebook to see a sticker Annie had given him a few months back.
"Ah, Annie still hasn't woken up yet." Hyunjin played with the pen in his hand. "The sooner I can go, the sooner she will get better." He told himself.
Chan walked in with a confident smile. He sorted his papers. "So, The Spring Festival is in two days so who is excited?"
The class was filled with cheers. But, Hyunjin stayed quiet. "Proud of all of you for staying so organized. I wasn't expecting something like this to take off like this." Chan couldn't get the smile off of his face. Macy looked back and noticed the down look on Hyunjin's face.
"I know how bad he wanted to spend that day with her." She whispered to Felix, who moved his seat next to hers. "Yeah, he was quite chatty and excited about it before." He whispered back.
"Is he really going to move, though?"
"Yeah, it's what's best for both of them."
"I still can't believe this is happening. I still have an off feeling about it. What will Annie say when she wakes up?" Macy scratched her head.
"I don't know..what if doesn't fix anything at all and just makes it worse?" Felix whispered closely. "Hey, you two stop whispering!" Chan called them out with a point.
"Sorry." They both muttered with a small bow and opened their textbooks.
"But, what if Felix is right though? What if this doesn't help them at all?" Macy couldn't pinpoint it.

Hyunjin was carrying his was through the halls, trying to get to the exit. Someone came up behind him. "Hey! Hyunjin!"
Hyunjin stopped slowly and turned back to see Changbin, scratching his head. "You should come to the festival before you leave. So we all can be together this one last time."
"Sorry. I can't go without Annie. It isn't all of us." He turned back around to try to escape, but Changbin grabbed onto his arm. "Please. Do it for Annie. She wouldn't want to wake up to you being on bad terms with us." Changbin wanted Annie safe but he also didn't want to completely disconnect from him.
Hyunjin took a deep breath.
"Just this once?"
"Fine." Hyunjin made a quick smile and held tightly onto his things, he hid his face. "He's right, I can't act out of selfishness. They want what's best for her too, so there's no reason to be against them."
"Okay, but after this, I really have to leave. I can't chance Annie waking up to me leaving." He looked up at the moving clouds, with a light breath.
"Yeah.." Changbin made a cough. "Thank you for caring for her."
"Yeah, same to you. Just take care of her, okay?" Hyunjin looked back quickly then carried off.
"Hmm, wonder what's going on in his mind." He muttered to himself with a light shrug.
Over at the hospital, Jisung never left Annie's side. She still hadn't woken up even though a lot of time had passed. Jisung sat in the chair next to the bed and leaned back with a blank look on his face. "Come on Annie, please wake up." He took a breath.
Someone had opened the door and it was Macy, Felix, and Minho with cases of food. "We brought you some food just in case. We know it's hard to be here all the time." Felix handed Jisung a lunch box. "Thanks." He made a quick smile and started to eat.
"I wonder what Annie is thinking right now, is her time slow even when she sleeps?" Macy looked lightly over at her. "Yeah, it's even worse." Jisung ruffled his hair.
"Ah," Macy looked down while they all ate.
"Will you come to the festival?" Minho asked.
"Ah, I can't. If Annie wakes up without me here it wouldn't be good for me." Jisung scratched his head. "She needs someone by her side. Especially if Hyunjin won't be here. But, I don't know how to tell her that."
"Don't worry about it. I know Annie will understand no matter what the situation is." Macy let out.
"Right, she is an understanding person."
"I understand, though. Stay by her side, she needs it." Minho shrugged as he started to walk away. "Thank you for visiting."
"No problem. Call if there are any signs or anything." Macy said as they all left together. It tore at Jisung because he wanted to enjoy the times, but he wanted to enjoy it with his sister.
"I still can't believe dad isn't here, even after all this time.." Jisung looked down and fiddled with his fingers. That burden was heavy on him, so he quickly picked up the phone and dialed his dad's number.
"Hello?"
"So, are you going to come to visit or not? Your daughter is in the hospital and has been for weeks."
"I am, I am saving up to book a flight soon."
"Please you should've been here already." Jisung couldn't help but get frustrated and hurt by his father's actions.
"I am, I really am trying. I am sorry I can't explain right now." It seemed like there was a lot of commotion on the other end of the phone. Jisung rolled his eyes and hung up, trying to contain the frustration inside of him. "There has to be a way to fix this." He grabbed his head.