Chapter 1

Halimat Adam is a bright young girl. She is very intelligent and one of the best students in her school. When Halimat was in Primary three , her Class teacher suggest Mrs Adam to permit Halimat to take part in the upcoming common entrance examination. But her mom did not like the and she refused.
When Halimat graduated to primary four her mom was unable to pay her school fees due to the birth of her brother but the proprietress allowed her stay in school because she Knows Mrs Adam to always be the first to pay her daughter's school fees. But Halimat's class teacher, Mrs Shittu, does not understand that.She usually exclude Halimat in the class activities and also hurl abusive words on her and her parent. Halimat always feel embarrassed whenever Mrs Shittu insult her and her parent but still she didn't let her mom know about it.
        On a Wednesday morning, Halimat got to school early as usual and after the morning assembly, Halimat went to her class.
After everyone was settled in the class,Mrs Shittu decided to the morning subject which was verbal reasoning. While Mrs Shittu was teaching,she remembered that Halimat did not have verbal reasoning textbook, she then separated her from the other students and also instruct her to place her head on the table. As if that wasn't enough,Mrs Shittu went ahead calling her parents abusive names and also insulting Halimat in her(Mrs. Shittu) native language (Yoruba).
Little did she Know that Halimat understands everything she said because in her mind she thought Halimat does not understand Yoruba (She has forgotten that Halimat is a smart girl and also her mom is a native of ibadan so she usually speak Yoruba to her).
         Halimat wept throughout that day because she didn't participate in the class activities. When she got home,she explained all that happened to her mom. Her mom was very sad. She cried because she felt she was at fault. She blamed herself for not paying her daughter's fee on time and also for embarrassing her daughter.
Mrs Adam then decide to change her daughter's school to a public school.