Prologue.

Niki closed her eyes and breathed heavily. When she opened her eyes, she was surprised— everyone was applauding her. She looked at the book she was holding. ‘Declaration of Independance’ was written on it.

And that's when the flashbacks played.

“Look at my little champion,” Wilbur said, pointing at Fundy in the L'Manburg uniform. Fundy looked irritated, for his father made him wear the uniform. It took a little argument before he gave in to his father.

“Aww, so cute!” She exclaimed, patting his head. Fundy frowned even more and crossed his arms. “I’m menacing! I’m dangerous!” he claimed. The smile didn’t wear off her face as she nodded. “Yes you are,” she answered, chuckling.

Then the scenario changed.

“You killed Fungi, you monster!” Fundy spatted at Sapnap who was grinning. Sapnap lit up the bomb he was holding, and dropped it on Fungi’s memorial. Fundy tried to resist from Punz’s grip to stop it from blowing it up, but it was too late.

It changed again.

“My first decree as the President is to revoke the citizenship of Wilbur Soot and TommyInnit!”

She gasped at the surprising announcement as she looked around. Punz and Ponk brought out their guns, aiming it to the two. “No!” she tried to block the arrows, but Eret stopped her. “No…” she sobbed, her hand trying to reach Punz.

The scenario shifted again.

“No! Fundy!” she shouted in agony as she watched Wilbur’s son burn the flag that she made. The flag that she hand-crafted for hours. Eret rushed to the pole, trying so hard to extinguish it— he succeeded from getting rid of the fire, but the fire ate the most of the flag, leaving her on tears.

“Fundy… I trusted you,” she bawled, her knees weakening. She kneeled as she looked at the beloved flag.

And it changed again.

“What? Are you trying to imply that I shouldn't do it because of Niki? Huh?” Wilbur walked towards Tommy, cornering him. The brunette man threw the cake, making Niki gasp.

“They mean nothing to me, Tommy. None of them do. We can kill them all. It doesn't matter.” He whispered to the boy, audible enough for her to hear. Tommy slightly turned his head on her, afflicted. She repeatedly shook her head as she hid more behind the chests, telepathically telling him not to expose her that she was eavesdropping. She sat and covered her mouth with her hand to suppress her sobs.

Then it brought her to the present.

She was surrounded with screams, blood, explosions and fireworks. She stared at the stage in front of her, one of the persons she cherished the most is bleeding in front of her, inaudibly asking for help.

“Tubbo!”