"Higher!" Olivia yelled to Kenny as he placed ornaments on the towering tree in the middle of the enormous room.

  The crystal ballroom was the largest and most grand room in the entire Castle. The floor was a sparkling crystal blue color and had a crystal star in the middle of it. This star was halfway covered by the gigantic tree and its red and tree skirt with white fur trim. The floor to ceiling narrow windows that came to a point at the top which littered the surrounding wall let in brilliant sunlight that made the floor and ornaments on the tree glisten. Pillars that encircled the main part of the ballroom stretched to the towering ceiling. Olivia was atop the curling double crystal staircase that was above the double-doored room entrance. A ruby red carpet with fluffy white trim crawled down both sets of stairs while festive wreaths and garlands decorated the top of the tall windows. Behind Olivia was a pair of grand double doors, similar to the ones below, that led to the second floor of the castle. The room looked like it came right out of a Christmas fairy tale.

  "I can't reach any higher!" Kenny shouted to Olivia in his raspy voice.

  The tree had most of its larger ornaments on its lower half. It already had all of its lights and silver tinsel elegantly spread out. Other workers for the castle were busy putting more garland on the staircase's railing and decorating other parts of the castle. Almost all of Olivia's staff were living statues, they were apart of something known as the stone army although not all of them were warriors. Quite a few of them were artisans and just average, everyday people. Way back when the island Shaloris was just a fledgling country, newly separated from the mainland, a mysterious fog spread around the island and turned them to stone.

  Olivia's father, the former King, saved as many people as he could with the help of his four closest allies. Three of these allies were already made of stone, being saved from dying themselves before they all had arrived on the island. The King and his fourth ally seemed to be immune. The fog was soon contained and everyone rebuilt what they could. As thanks for saving their lives, the citizens pledged their loyalty to this new King, and he named this island Shaloris. After helping him in a war that he eventually lost, most of them were put to sleep for many years until he needed them again. When the time did come, he awakened only a third of his army and nearly succeeded but still failed to take their neighbor and they lost their King. Then it was time for his daughter, Olivia, to take the throne.

  Olivia was still learning to be a capable leader. Not yet being a full Queen, she holds the title of being a Crown Princess. She has held this title for only a few months so far but has accomplished a lot. She has already made peace with her neighboring kingdom and quieted a rebellion that wanted to return to their old king's roots. Now she was planning a magnificent Christmas Ball and has invited many important people from her neighbors, the Kingdom of Allure.

  Kenny placed the ornament on a branch close to where Olivia pointed out and then climbed down off of the ladder that he was on. Olivia descended the stairs so she could greet him. She was wearing a red holiday dress with fluffy white trim and a black belt and boots that resembled Santa Claus' red suit and her long, black hair was down except for a couple of braids that connected in the back. Kenny was wearing a darker blue, plain, sleeveless shirt and simple white pants that complemented his white marble skin and the blue markings that dotted his body. He was one of the first and highest-ranked stone warriors and his white skin and blue markings showed it. All of the other warriors have red markings and the higher-ranked warriors have porcelain white skin while all the others have obsidian black skin.

  "The tree looks fantastic so far!" Olivia complimented as she looked up and down at it.

  "Thank you! We're all working on decorating the castle immaculately for the upcoming ball." Kenny told her.

  "Ooo, I can't wait until Cinnamon and Oliver get here and see all of the beautiful decorations!" Olivia said as she spun around looking around the room and its beautiful decor.

  "Well, they'll be here tomorrow." Kenny reminded her.

  Suddenly Olivia and Kenny heard the huge door swing open and close then footsteps across the floor. They heard a male voice speaking in Shalorian, the island's native language. Olivia and Kenny instantly recognized the voice coming from the hall. It was Olivia's twin brother Oliver who had come a day early. Cinnamon, one of Olivia's best friends, must have been with him. After all, he had said that he would be bringing her to the island just a couple of days ago. Once he was done talking, he waltzed into the ballroom and straight to Olivia and Kenny with Cinnamon right behind him.

"Oliver! I thought you'd be here tomorrow!" Olivia exclaimed as she consumed him in a big hug.

"I wanted to come and see all of the decorations!" Oliver explained while squeezing his sister.

Olivia and Oliver are twins and look very much alike but were separated when they were young. Their father sent their mother and them to the mainland after fearing retaliation against him from the Knights of the mainland. No one knew of his wife and children so they'd be safe there but his son jumped out of the boat last minute to be with his father, by then it was too late to get him. After their father and mother had passed away, Oliver came to live with his sister and help her through the grief. They were still very close even if they were a sea apart and grew even closer when he moved in. Oliver is also a seer and has visions of the future sometimes, although they come at random and he has to stop and stare out into space when they come. Sometimes he passes out due to the magnitude of the vision.

Cinnamon was walking around the ballroom and admiring the beautiful decorations that were set up already. She hugged Olivia after Oliver let her go and asked all about her plans so far for the ball. The ball was almost a month away and Olivia still needed to iron out the finer details of it. Olivia told her that they'd talk more about the plans over some refreshments. After all, Oliver and Cinnamon did just get here after a long trip.