17: Dinner ✔︎

Start from the beginning

    We all laugh. It's true, he has to admit.

    "He's right, Barnes. You aren't really updated in educational area yet," Nat says matter of factly. My dad looks down in thought, knowing we're right.

    "I can hire a homeschooling teacher. I will get the best of the best," Tony offers.

    "Would you?"

    "Anything for mini Barnes over here," Tones waves his hand at me. I groan at the name, he just shrugs with a wink.

"Anyways I was talking to my friend today, he was saying something about getting to meet you V. He saw the texts we had going, don't take this in a creepy way, but he said he finds you interesting to talk to." Peter suggests.

"I do, I find it kind of creepy. But, yeah sure. I'd like to meet some of your friends. Everyone I hang around is old," I point out.

"We are not old!" Thor shouts.

I deadpan, "Thor, buddy, you're 1,499. That's old."

He just scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"She's not wrong," Steve says from his conversation with Bucky.

    "You can't say anything Cap. You're like almost 100!" Wanda exclaims.

    "I'll text you and we can set up a date?" Peter says, redirecting the conversation.

    I nod and focus my attention on Bruce and Vision's conversation. Everyone has their own little ones going on now, theirs being the most interesting. Surprising, I know.

    "Where were you before you came here for Mr. Stark's party?"

"I was in Europe. Wanted to get away for a bit. I was with Thor and helped him battle this thing called Ragnarok. Almost blew up Asgard! Didn't happen, I went away to Europe. I got a call saying that there was a party and a new addition to the Avengers, had to come see. Oh, and I guess Sam and Bucky are alright too." Bruce tells his story.

"Glad to know you like me," I smirk.

He jokes back, "never said that."

"You implied it," I retort. He rolls his eyes, a small smile on his face.

    "Why were you with Thor in the first place?" Steve speaks from the other side of the table.

    "That's a story for another time, let's just say that the big green guy came out and made some bad decisions."

    "What's he like? The Hulk?" Peter questions, fascinated.

    "Don't ask him that! He's sensitive," I protest.

    "No, it's fine. I appreciate the fact that you like me for something other than the fact that I turn into a big, green, rage monster." He says honestly.

"Anytime," I reply earnestly.

We finish dinner not even five minutes later, what can we say? We are hungry people. We stay in the dining room, just to talk.

"Pete and VB, can you guys do dishes? We're going to adult talk a bit," Tony asks.

"You guys adult?" I get a look from Tony. "Okay, okay. We're going, come on Petey. Grab those plates for me, will you?"

Me and Peter travel to the kitchen. "I'll wash, you dry." He slightly commands.

I immediately do as I'm told. He looks confused at my actions. "I wasn't that serious, don't be so tense."