one.

Kit stood outside the doors of the L.A institute, working up the courage to enter the building. He hadn't seen everyone there for two years, and if he was being honest, he was a little scared to see them again. He sucked in a deep breath, pushing open the double front doors, stepping inside the room.

He was immediately tackled by a small child, who he recognised as Tavvy. He'd certainly grown a little taller, and was nine, not seven anymore. His curly mop of hair had grown out slightly, and he looked more like Ty now. Ty, where was he?

He spied Dru bumbling towards him. She'd grown taller, although she was still quite short for now fifteen. She'd slimmed out at she grew, but she was still curvy and round. She was wearing a halloween t-shirt, clearly still horror obsessed as usual. She hugged Kit, her arms snaking around his middle. "I hate you" She mumbled.

Kit knew that she was half serious, and he didn't blame her. If he was Dru, he would hate himself too. He left without saying anything to anybody, all because he couldn't admit that he had feelings for Ty and Ty didn't reciprocate them.

Dru hit his chest, and he had to admit that it hurt a little. "You left for two years and didn't tell anybody! Do you know how heartbroken we all were? Tavvy cried for two weeks straight. Julian was beside himself thinking something had happened to you! And Ty... Ty still won't leave his room or talk to anybody! He's depressed!"

Kit sucked in a deep breath at the mention of Ty, especially the mention of him being depressed. Now he felt worse than ever.  "Where is Ty? Can I see him?" He asked Dru, ruffling Tavvy's hair and sending him back over to Julian.

"Sure, You know where his room is. But Kit, he's very different now"

Kit knocked softly on Ty's bedroom door. There were still Sherlock Holmes stickers decorating the outside where a silver plaque of his name was attached to the door. "Go away. I don't need counselling!" He heard from inside. Ty's voice was muffled, as if he spoke from behind his hand.

"Actually, It's me, Kit"

He heard shuffling from inside the room before the door clicked unlocked. There was no further activity, so Kit pushed open the door gently, stepping inside the room. He stood in the doorway, unsure of where to go. Ty sat on his bed, staring straight at the window, headphones hanging around his neck.

"What do you want?"

Well that was cold, Kit thought, although he couldn't say he blamed him. What kind of person says they love somebody, and then ditch them. People like Kit Herondale, that's who.

"I'm back" He gulped. He was nervous to talk to Ty after two years. After running away from his feelings. But he knew he still felt the same. He loved Ty. He loved him exactly like he did back then. He thought moving to Devon would suppress the feelings, but now he was back and they were stronger than ever.

"No fucking shit. Why?"

Since when did Ty swear? Kit supposed a lot of things had changed since he'd been away. "Well, Jem and Tessa had to come here for some.. issue. So by default, i'm here"

The next thing Kit knew, he was being pressed against the wall with a dagger held against his throat.

"You ruined everything, you know that? You made me like this! Do you know what a hell it's been trying to pretend everything is okay? Trying to forget about you because I knew you wouldn't come back? Trying to forget about my feelings for you?! And now you've come waltzing back in like it's nothing and now i'm right back to square one!"

Kit didn't even have time to open his mouth and reply before he felt Ty's soft lips on his.

//