C H A P T E R E L E V E N

Start from the beginning

That gave Maeve goosebumps all over.

——————

When Maeve came home that day, she immediately noticed her dads car in the parking lot.

She excitedly opened the door and prepared to tell him how she finally joined the training.

But the sight before her wasn't pretty.

Johnny sat on the sofa with a can of beer in hand, the floor was already covered with empty cans.

She could see silent tears rolling down his face.

"Dad, what happened?" She asked quickly and approached him slowly.

He looked up at her and Maeve was sure he was already very drunk.

"He didn't make it- didn't make it through... the night." He told her mumbling.

Johnny went to take another sip of beer almost missing his mouth.

Maeve had tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered and wrapped her arms around him while sitting herself down next to him.

"You would've liked him- showed him pictures on my- my smartphone. Said you look pretty. He was glad that I at least have one... good thing going. Told him you like to dance, he was impressed... would've loved to see it.... Then when I woke up... they were all standing around him." Johnny told her slowly.

Now Maeve was crying for her dad's loss and for the man she never had the chance to meet.

The next few days weren't that great. Maeve tried her best to cheer her dad up and help him with the funeral preparations as much as she could.

Maeve also hadn't been to the dojo on those days.

There was one problem though. Today was the day Maeve was supposed to go to the theater with Miguel to watch Swan Lake.

She was unsure of what to do. Sure the blond really wanted to see the play, but she also didn't want to leave her dad alone for that long.

Johnny of course insisted that she had to go to the play and after some arguing she finally agreed and went to get ready.

Maeve dressed in one of her fancier summer dresses since she didn't really know what to ware on such an event.

Just as she finished putting her shoes on, there was a knock on the door. When she opened it there stood Miguel, grinning at her.

Maeve immediately hugged him and gave him a short kiss.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while." Miguel told her once they let go.

"Yeah, it has been some time, but I'm so excited for this play." She told him.

"All right, let's go!" He said grabbing her hand.

Once they got inside and took their seats, Maeve looked around excited.

"This is going to be so much fun, I can already tell." She told him quietly.