Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom

AN: This takes place while Claire and Owen are getting the blood from the T-Rex (Eva is with them). Eva and Zach have been dating for about 3 years, so they are now nineteen. Eva works with Claire at her organization and was asked to go to the island because of her knowledge about Blue (same as Owen). Zach is also present (even though he is not in the movie). 

---

"So you're Zach." Franklin darted a glance toward the tall figure beside him.

"Uh-huh." was Zach's distracted answer. He only had eyes for Blue, whom he was mumbling to, just as Eva had instructed before she left with Claire and Owen.

Franklin blinked. "I'm Franklin."

"I know."

This caused Franklin to perk up. "Eva's talked about me?"

"She tells me about everyone she works with," Zach replied dismissively.

Franklin studied the blood-soaked rag he had pressed against Blue's bullet wound. "Funny, she never mentions you."

Zach side-eyed the tech genius. "Oh, yeah?"

"No," Franklin admitted. "I just thought she made you up."

A sharp laugh escaped Zach. "And why would she do that?"

Franklin mumbled the same explanation he had given Owen about how pretty girls made up boyfriends to deter the interest of others.

Zach shook his head, smirking to himself. "Eva's easy to fall in love with; don't feel bad, man."

Franklin flushed.

"I should know," Zach added. "I've been in love with her since we were kids. Fell harder when we survived Jurassic World when we were sixteen. We've been together ever since."

The other boy nodded. "You're lucky."

"I know it," Zach replied without a thought.

The return of Owen, Claire, and Eva ended the boy's conversation. Eva's eyes were bright, and her face was flushed, but she was smiling.

"That was fun," she commented idly, ignoring the incredulous looks from the other two.

Zia rushed toward the trio. "Did you get the blood?"
Claire held up the full bag, and Owen took Zach's place at Blue's head. Zach went to Eva's side, gently turning her face towards him.

"You good?" he asked softly.

She leaned into the touch. "I'm good," she confirmed. "How's Blue?"

Zach shrugged helplessly. "She's still alive."

"For now," Eva mumbled.

Zach squeezed her hand, and she then brushed past him to see Blue for herself.

Alive, but barely.