Chpt 3

I don't know how long I've been running as my legs finally can't take it anymore. Exhausted and full of anger I drop onto the ground and burst out into tears. Why? Why is this all happening to me? Why did Pan kidnap me? Why do I have to save this freaking island? Why can't he just do it himself? I think of my family. What are they doing right now? Have they already noticed that I'm gone?

The night begins to fall and I start looking for a shelter. I find a good tree and climb into it, using the dagger I stole from a lost boy. In the tree, I cut of some branches and leaves and make a small roof. I don't have a belt or something like that, so I put the dagger into my boot. I climb a bit higher until I'm able to see most of the island. I see Pans camp. Also I see a few lights in the woods and on the beach. I know they're looking for me. I climb down again and try to lay down in a comfortable way. I find two branches next to each other and lay down. Thank god my clothes are made of this kind of leaves, so I won't stand out too much. For now I'll be safe here. Tomorrow I'll move on. I know I can't be running from Pan forever, I hope I can just get enough time to find a way to escape. After a while, I finally fall asleep, dreaming of my family and home.

I wake up from a cracking sound nearby. I try to be as silent as possible and crab my dagger. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." It's a female voice. I look down and see a young woman, with a messy blond bun. "Who are you?" I ask, still with the dagger in my hand. "I'm Tinkerbell, but you may call me Tink. You can trust me. I brought you some food." I put the dagger back into my boot and climb down. "Thank you so much." I say as Tink gives me a small bread and some cheese. "I'm Gwendolyn, most people call me Gwen." I smile. "So, Gwen, how did you get here? Peter usually only allows boys on the island." "He kidnapped me at night. I don't know why, he told the boys that I was going to safe the island or something. I don't trust him, so I fled into the woods." "Yeah, I saw you climbing into that three last night. I wish I could help you, but I can't. Well, I could give you some advice." She smiles. "Any help is welcome." I say and smile. "Okay, well first I think that if Peter really thinks that you'll save the island or something like that, he won't hurt you. His island is one of the most important things for Peter. If he needs you, he'll do everything to win your trust and keep you alive. Second, watch out for dreamshade. It's the most deadly plant on the whole island. It looks like a rosebush without roses and with black, poisoned thorns. Oh and if you need water, you have to look for small sources in the forest. The sea here is pretty salt, so I wouldn't drink that if I were you. But be careful, there are some lakes were mermaids are living in. Don't get too close to them. They're nasty creatures, they'll grab your arm and try to drown you. Once they got you, they won't let you go. You can find your food practically everywhere." We hear voices in the distance, coming closer to us. "I'll keep them busy. Now go. I wish you all the luck in the world Gwen." She smiles. "Thanks Tink, for everything." I turn around and run deeper into the forest.

KI3jSe/^W