"it's okay, nobody heard me," she replied, glancing around the room. "as if they'd care anyway."

"i know, but it's just... a little embarrassing," yaoyorozu said softly, removing her hands from her face as she tried to look up at jiro without blushing more. "i don't know what it is, but i can't stop worrying."

"about what?" jiro asked, cocking her head before noticing the same thing yaoyorozu had. "ah, she's not here yet?"

"nope," she replied, nibbling on her thumb nail. "do you think she's okay?"

"i'm sure of it," the shorter of the two smiled, comforting the taller. "she's probably over-slept or something. nothing to worry about!"

"but-" yaoyorozu began, only to be interrupted by the classroom door bursting open. sure enough, just as jiro had said, y/n y/l/n came rushing in, her hair half-brushed and her school bag hanging off one shoulder while a half-eaten banana sat in her other hand. midoriya and uraraka exclaimed in surprise, her two best friends, and iida immediately began to reprimand her for being both late and unorganised. y/n quietly apologised before dumping her things on her desk and readjusting her tie, clearly exhausted from running all the way from the dorm building to the main classroom. a tiny, relieved smile appeared on yaoyorozu's face, thankful that she was alright and not ill or anything, but was quickly interrupted by jiro.

"see!" jiro grinned, tilting her head towards y/n. "i told you she was okay!"

"she's so unorganised," yaoyorozu face-palmed, unable to keep a straight face at the disoriented girl she liked so much.

yes, momo yaoyorozu had a crush on the class 1-A late-arrival student y/n y/l/n. 

and it wasn't just a small crush either. she was absolutely head over heels for the girl. 

it wasn't that yaoyorozu was surprised she had a crush on a girl. she'd known for quite a while that she'd preferred girls massively over guys romantically, but out of all people, she'd never expected it to be y/n, whom she'd known for little over a month and rarely spoken to. but she was just so... pretty, with a personality yaoyorozu would die for. despite being totally unorganised at times and a little loud-mouthed when it came to arguments (especially with bakugo), y/n was quiet-spoken with an amazing sense of humour and such a kind heart that she could be mistaken for a literal angel. at least, that's how yaoyorozu saw her.

"and you're so awkward," jiro giggled, watching as yaoyorozu's face went from star-struck at y/n to pouty at jiro. "just... i dunno, say hi?"

"but what if i do something absolutely ridiculous?" she asked, nibbling at her thumb as her eyes switched from her best friend to her crush. "i don't want to embarrass myself in front of her."

"pfft, as if you'd ever," jiro assured her, but of course, yaoyorozu wasn't convinced. the purple-haired girl realised there was no getting to her, so a sigh escaped her lips. "yao-momo, have you decided to write her a letter instead?"

yaoyorozu nodded nervously, and a smile crept along jiro's lips. the pair had planned for the younger to begin writing love letters to y/n, since she was too nervous and insecure to start up a conversation herself. although they'd spoken on quite a few occasions, it'd never been enough for just the two of them to get to know each other. 

the main one that stuck out in yaoyorozu's brain was the time they'd bumped into each other and y/n had dropped her books all over the floor in the corridor, which caused yaoyorozu to completely freak out internally as she tried to apologise calmly to the other. of course, y/n had been completely understanding and didn't mind, frantically picking up her stuff as she rushed, once again, to mr aizawa to apologise for her lateness earlier. 

"well, that's good!" jiro beamed, clapping her hands together. "where is it?"

yaoyorozu pointed towards y/n, who was opening her desk to organise her stuff. jiro's eyes widened, and the two watched in anticipation as y/n picked up a white envelope the black-haired girl had snuck inside while nobody was looking.

somewhat surprised by the letter, y/n sat down and turned the envelope over in her hands. sure enough, it was specifically for her, with her name written in neat black on the front and a small star written underneath. all four corners had a love heart drawn on in a soft red highlighter, and the back was taped down with pastel pink tape. it was something completely new to her; although she'd been flirted with in the past, she'd never, ever been given a love note, and it caused butterflies in her stomach. her cheeks went pink as she opened it, making sure nobody was watching. as she turned her head to yaoyorozu's side of the room, both of the other girls looked away, pretending to be in deep conversation and not watching y/n intensely.

as y/n pulled out the letter, yaoyorozu realised she was going to die of embarrassment, and instead, jiro watched in excitement.

dear y/n y/l/n,
hey! this is strange for me to write, since i've never written a love letter before, but since i can't talk to you in person (i'm very nervous to do so), i'll send you some letters instead :)
i just want you to know you are absolutely beautiful. the way you smile, the way your eyes sparkle, and the way your hair sits even on the worst of days... i just can't get over you! you're so cute, and what's better is how kind and amazing you are. i could go on for days about how absolutely lovely you are, but i don't want to make you uncomfortable... anyway, i really, really like you. please make sure to stay healthy and hydrated, and make sure to sleep as much as you can! i'd hate to see you unwell :( 
love from, a secret admirer <3

"yao-momo, look!" jiro whispered, and yaoyorozu glanced up, her face completely pink as she watched.

y/n's cheeks were red, despite her trying to hide it with her hands, and a large smile was printed on her face. she seemed to be re-reading it over and over again, her fingers brushing over the neat handwriting and the delicately put-together envelope. she knew that whoever had sent this to her had put a lot of effort into it, and she wanted to keep it. plus, if there were more to come, maybe she'd eventually figure out who it is?

"what did you write about?" jiro asked quietly, and a wide, uncontrollable smile appeared on yaoyorozu's face. 

"ah nothing, don't worry about it."