Auriga caught a snippet of conversation as her fifth year class left. "Potter!" hissed Draco. "Are you doing that Army thing tonight? Where you talk about the Dark Lord?"

"It's Voldemort, Draco," said Potter, sounding exasperated. "And yes."

"Don't bring your friends," Weasley chipped in.

"They're not my friends," said Draco. But before Auriga could question the three of them, they'd gone their separate ways.

*****

  Auriga was making her way down to the dungeons to assess Snape's teaching when she got distracted on her way down by a squabble caused by the fifth years. "Neville, no!" said Potter, as he and Weasley held Longbottom back. Draco was looking very smug, and stood a fair distance behind Crabbe and Goyle.

"What's going on here?" asked Auriga.

"Malfoy..." began Longbottom. "...St Mungo's."

"Your brother was being rather insensitive," said Potter, looking as arrogant as ever. Auriga looked at Draco, who had a rather odd expression on his face.

"Sounds like nothing more than a lover's spat to me," said Auriga jokingly. The looks on both their faces was not only priceless, but also confirmed her suspicions. Everybody else just looked confused. "I'd like to see all six of you in my office tonight, please," she said, before heading into the classroom to begin Snape's inspection.

*****

Auriga frowned at the letter she'd just received.

Dear Professor Malfoy,

Regarding your latest report on the rumours circulating Hogwarts about the return of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, the Ministry has decided to disband all student organisations until you allow them to continue. As High Inquisitor it will be your responsibility to fill out a report regarding the necessity of the organisation before it can go ahead.

Sincerely,

Dolores Umbridge

Auriga hadn't had much of a choice whether she reported Draco and Potter's discussion. She'd run it through Dumbledore and the Order first, but they'd come to the same conclusion: she couldn't not tell Fudge without outright lying. And now, this had happened.

There was a heavy knock at her door, and Weasley, Potter and Longbottom all shuffled in, looking nervous. Auriga smiled - that was what she'd aimed for. Just let them stew a bit first.

They took a seat at three of the six chairs she'd laid out, and declined any offer of tea. A few minutes later, Draco strolled in, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle. "I'm sure you know why I've called you here," she started. They looked at her cluelessly. "I'd like you all to attend my extra revision sessions. Crabbe, Goyle, you scored the lowest marks on the last test - you almost got a 'D'.

"And I don't know why you're smirking, Weasley, because you might have passed but you almost failed. And Longbottom, I understand you've worked hard, but I'm going to need you to be a little more confident in yourself. Or you'll never take the chances and risks you need to get to the higher level.

"As for you two," she said to Potter and Draco, "You almost scored 'O's. And I fully expect you to on the next test. So I'd like you to come too." They all looked somewhat surprised, but each of them were determined. With, perhaps, the exception of Crabbe and Goyle.

"Crabbe, when are my revision sessions?" she asked.

"Wednesdays and Thursdays," he said confidently. Weasley smirked again and this time Auriga allowed it.

"Tuesdays and Thursdays," she told him. "And if any of you don't show I'll report you to your head of house." That wiped the bored looks off their faces. "You can go," she said, and they all nodded and departed. "Except you, Draco, I'd like a word."

Turning a pale shade of pink, Draco remained, and Harry nodded at him. Were they thick? Did they think she wouldn't notice? "How've you been?" asked Auriga.

Draco shrugged. "Fine."

"How am I doing?" she asked.

"Everyone says you set too much work," said Draco, "But most of us get that you're just trying to get passing grades out of us."

"It must be weird," said Auriga, "Not seeing so much of Potter."

"What do you mean?" asked Draco quickly, going even pinker.

"Well, just that you saw a lot of him over the summer," she said.

"No, I didn't!"

Auriga sighed. "Draco," she said, "I'm not accusing you of anything. You can talk to me."

"Harry and I are dating!" he blurted. Auriga had not been expecting that. Maybe that they were study-buddies, or friends...but not...that. "Since the summer. I don't know...he's just...actually quite funny. And he makes me feel, kind of safe and...at home."

Auriga nodded. "I'm pleased," she said.

"You are?" asked Draco, looking relieved.

"I am," said Auriga. "Squirt."