"We love you." Ayden whispered as he used his thumb to wipe a bit of moisture from my bottom lip before he gave me a sweet chaste little kiss.

I was contemplating paying them back for their little prank, tossing in them into the pool would have been real satisfying. But in all honesty I did need to calm down and they had effectively achieved their goal. Not that I had to liked their methods. Caleb chose that moment to come over and plop himself into Dimitri's lap and gave me an amused smirk before asking about our previous conversation. I tapped Ayden on his hip to let him know I wanted to get up. I didn't need to hear the information all over again. I have my own contacts in Europe and not that I didn't believe Irina, I needed to hear from more than one group of Vampire's on this matter before I make a decision on what I was going to do. I think I needed to also look into  the death of Nikolai's parents more closely as well.

Ayden and Ahron stayed behind to listen to the information Irina had gathered. I excused myself and Dimitri gave me an understanding nod before I set off for the privacy of my room. When I got there, I felt a wave of exhaustion ripple over me, and with a heartfelt sigh, I stripped out of my soggy clothes and climbed into my bed. I made myself comfortable in the middle of the plush bedding, and I put my hands behind my head and stared up at the ceiling with dry eyes. I have long since grieved for my deceased family, but this new information was like a new wound was trying to form over the old one. If everything that was being said were true, Nikolai was right to say that the council is corrupt from within, but I had already known that bit of news already, that is why I declined to be a part of their malicious power hungry group.

Those bastards started to get envious of those with talents greater than theirs and they were frighteningly morbid long before my father decided to step down and hand the reins of leadership over to another covetous ancient for a temporary basis until Nikolai took over his position. I felt a tightening of regret in my chest, if Nikolai was a victim of their scheming, it most likely means that the ancients were responsible for his parents, and my aunt and uncle's demise as well and I am going to have to find my missing cousin in order to get to the bottom of all this. Fuck, to think of all the years I have spent hating my one remaining family member so bitterly that I would have killed him on sight if we had ever ran into each other. Now, I am not so sure, and until I find him this foolishness was going to continue.

I am pretty sure the council were the ones responsible for Dimitri's warehouse disruptions and the pathetic kidnapping attempt in the woods when I was there. They wanted me to lead the bunch of them by any means necessary and that will never happen, the only thing I am prepared to do is lead them straight to their deaths, it was time the community was free of their tyranny. They did achieve their respect through genuine good for all, they bullied, lied, and forced obedience through fear and violence instead. Vampire communities in the Americas have been successfully governing their covens for centuries, there is no reason that the European covens couldn't do the same without a bunch of old bastards manipulating them.

I felt the disturbance in the air as the bedroom door opened and my beautiful babies quietly entered our room. I had already stripped myself out of my wet clothes, and I didn't bother getting dressed again before I had plopped into the middle of our  bed. So there was no hiding the interested twitch of my cock at just the mere sight of my gorgeous mates.

"Baby, we can feel your sadness and regret over this situation. What can we do to help you feel better, you know we will stand behind whatever you decide to do about it." Ahron said as both of them climbed up onto the big bed and sat side by side facing me. Ayden leaned his head on lovingly Ahron's shoulder and two identical pair of eyes looked back at me expectantly. And I must say the deviant part of my psyche, that dark perverted part of me was awakened with a vengeance. All thoughts of the recent problems with the council and my missing cousin disappeared as my heated gaze focused on my sinfully sexy boys.