Introduction

As a child, I watched many movies of spies and secret agents taking down unknown forces of the country, and I love the idea of joining a team and being able to take down anyone who was a threat to me or the people I loved.

Ironically, my father's career was all about that. All my life, I've watched my father leave my mother and I, several times during the year, for secret missions or secret conferences outside of the country. His job was to keep his family and all of America safe from terrorists and groups that have "plans" for us. I used to think that he didn't have a care in the world for my Mother and I but at the age of 8, he finally sat me down and explained his job to me.

Because I was the daughter of a "super spy", as a child, I was forbidden to go outside alone, fear of my little mouth exposing the team, and fear of setting my life in danger. I was home schooled for all grades, and whenever I wanted to go out, security guards surrounded me. I was never allowed outside for more than an hour, and when I was younger, I could only stay out for 10 minutes.

You would think that I dreaded my life but to be quite honest, I didn't care. I found it interesting that my family was not just an ordinary American family, who had an ordinary life. And I was certainly not an ordinary girl.

I am Abigail Delaney Ressom, The Boss' daughter.