Continuing the Internships

You yawned as you slowly awoke in your bed after a nice weekend of fun in the sun and workouts, motorcycle repairs, and singing to appeal to your girlfriend. However, once that week was over, your father had given you the bridge idea and you quickly accepted that idea. To continue your internship under his command. You were in full support and couldn't wait to help out more people. So, when your alarm went off, you jumped out of the bed and quickly got your costume ready, and stepped out of the room. Standing before you was your father who smiled at your enthusiasm.

Dracuul: Shall we?

(Y/N): Let's roll!

Dracuul smiled and you both jumped out the window and took flight towards the city. While in flight, you both landed on a building and you looked around the city, trying to find a good point for the bad guys.

Dracuul: So, where did Kendo intern?

(Y/N): She interned with Uwabami. Apparently, it didn't go all too well. Then again, she is on TV now for the new-

Dracuul: Hair commercial. I know. You did choose quite the looker.

(Y/N): Oh, dad! Can we focus on heroics and not my girlfriend!

Dracuul: Right, right. So, let's get to work. You have your vantage point. What's next?

(Y/N): Listen to police reports. Dictate where our services would be best used and alert other heroes to different missions around the city.

Dracuul: Atta boy.

You smiled and went to the edge and looked along the city. Your father then monitored the police reports as you both looked out across the sea of buildings. After a few minutes, you could overhear the reports coming in and you turned back to your father as he walked beside you. He gave you a smile and he raised his arms and took off. You smiled and took off after him.

(Y/N): What's the plan?

Dracuul: A small robbery along the south side. We're hitting it. Hard and faster.

(Y/N): Bow chicka-

Dracuul: Don't!

You made a mocking hand motion before you dived out after Dracuul. You both landed along a different rooftop that overlooked a series of warehouses. He moved along and down onto the ground as you slowly followed him. After he put his ear up to the wall, listening to what was through it, he turned back to you and point at you then at the ground. You knew what he was saying and not enjoying it.

Dracuul transformed into a bat and flew inside the building. You rolled your eyes and cracked your knuckles. You pumped your arms, ready for a fight. However, you heard some gunshots go off and yell from inside. Taking action, you punch through the wall and lunged forward, transforming into a wolf and seeing a gunman. You charged forward a bit tackled down an opponent and rolled off of them. You smirked as Dracuul kicked the person into some boxes.

Dracuul: To the back! Get the package!

(Y/N): Got it!

You ran back and dodged some bullets before diving forward and sliding along the cold ground. After you jumped back up, you continued to run forward until you entered a larger back room of the warehouse. You scanned around, trying to find what could be called "the package". However, you quickly saw what it was. Inside a cage was a woman, a bank teller from the looks of things. Surrounding her cage were various filing cabinets and trunks with gold leaking out from them. You ran up to the cage and broke it open.

(Y/N): It's alright, ma'am. You're safe.

Woman: Oh thank you, hero.

You undid her bindings and smiled at her. You then walked back to the entrance of the room and peered outward. You saw your father kick another goon into some crates before leaping out of the way and kicking another in the neck. However, the woman had grabbed a golden chalice and slowly made her way up to you, about to attack. As she swung down, you spun around and grabbed her wrist, and got her into a hold. You used your strength and spun around and threw the woman into a wall, knocking her out.

(Y/N): Package secured!

Dracuul flipped another goon into the wall as well before he walked over to see you. He nods slightly as he looks over the damages. He then walks over to see the stolen jewelry and money and then down at the teller. Dracuul then looked over at you and cocked an eyebrow, asking what happened.

(Y/N): Don't look at me! She attacked me so I fought back.

Dracuul rolled his eyes and walked over to the woman and got her into cuffs. He then proceeded to walk out back into the main room and you followed to help with clean up. After tying up all the villains and speaking to police, you and your father flew off to look around the city some more. You both took down some small villains, saved some people from fires, and other basic heroic acts here and there.

At one point, you guys moved out to stop a train filled with the warehouse' associates in order to gather more stolen goods. Unlike before, it wasn't anything major and was mainly ammunition and food compared to gold and money. Although, the train robber did bring up an interesting conversation for motive between you and your father.

Dracuul: Not everyone is going to be a stunning hero or pure evil villain. Sometimes they do this out of revenge, other times the thrill. Honestly, it all comes down to how well these people act and how their circumstances playout. That's honestly the best answer I can come up with right now.

While your father wasn't wrong, you still held out some level of thought here and there about the day's events. However, a major area of concern was that bank teller and why she tried to kill you.

Well, as it turned out, the teller was actually the lover of the robbers' leader. The two had played out different scenarios for weeks when it came to possible places to hit. She left her husband for the guy and wanted to run and find a new life somewhere. So, when the opportunity arose to rob her own place of work, she took it, told it, and helped planned it, every beat, every alarm, and every worker on shift. Inside jobs always hurt the most.

As it turns out, you were telling the days events directly to Kendo through a video call later that evening. She looked at you with some level of surprise and mild concern, yet not commenting on anything yet.

(Y/N): Is it not crazy?!

Kendo: It is. But, I mean, are you really surprised by motivational factors?

(Y/N): Well, no. I'm just saying the story is pretty crazy all together is all. No real other comments. Sorry for wanting to share my side of things.

Kendo: That's not what I'm-you said that on purpose, didn't you?

You smirked as Kendo groaned and leaned back in her chair. She chuckled a bit alongside yourself as you both looked back to one another.

Kendo: You lucked out, you know? Getting to continue those internships. Seriously, I'm jealous.

(Y/N): Don't be...you know...maybe I could get my dad to pull some strings. Maybe get you into a second internship for the rest of the summer.

Kendo: I...was I being that forceful?

(Y/N): Psh, no. Just trying to be nice is all.

Kendo: Well, you do what you think is right. I gotta run, night.

(Y/N): Goodnight.

Kendo hung up and you leaned back down into your chair. You looked out the window and smiled as you saw your father fly around the city with his quirk.