Chapter 65

Betty Pov:
"Jug? What the hell are you-".

"Betts, wait. P-Please. Let me talk to you for a moment. That's it. All I'm asking for is a moment to talk to you.", he said softly from across the room, his tone low and pleading as he gradually stepped closer.

He wore a suit and a purple, with a pair nice dress shoes. To top it off, he had a purple rose tucked neatly into the breast pocket of his tux, matching my gown. Everything started to come together in my head, but my thoughts were too scatter to even gather the words to interrupt Jug.

He hesitantly took my hands, leading me over to the couch and sitting down next to me. I gathered the emotional strength to refocus on Jug, though unfortunately, my eyes began welling with tears in the process before Jug had even muttered another word.

"Hey! No, don't cry, Betty.", he said softly, lifting his hand to swipe away the tear that had just fallen from my eye, but I slapped it away.

"No!", I cried. "No, you do not get to tell me not to cry, not when you literally told me to fuck off when I tried to help you. Not when you went and threatened our daughter's foster parents. Not-".

"Betty, please!", he interrupted, raising his voice ever so slightly. I froze, my mouth snapping shut as he let out a shaky breath.

"I-I'm sorry, Betty. Really. I'm so so sorry for everything. I was incredibly upset and I wasn't myself, so I let alcohol and my anger get the best of me. I trusted you, Betty, and I felt as if you betrayed me, which in a way, you did.".

"But before you start crying again, don't, because... because I forgive you. You shouldn't have kept Trinity from me, but knowing the shit that goes on in your head, I don't blame you for what you did. Yes, I'm still upset, but Betty... I can't live without you. If the past few days have told me anything, it's that I'm not capable of carrying on with my life without you actively in it. So, despite everything, and despite how upset I still am, I still l-love you, Betty. I always will, and I forgive you.".

"D-Do got forgive me?".

I was beyond nonplussed and flabbergasted, taken aback as I absorbed everything that he had just told me.

"Y-You forgive me? R-Really?", I choked out, tears now streaming down my face as my lips trembled in what was my current attempt of a smile. "Y-You don't have to do that, Jug. I don't deserve your forgiveness.".

This time, I allowed Jug's hands to gently cup my face, his thumbs rubbing my face as he pulled my forehead in to meet his. They connected softly, the tips of our noses also linking together.

"We both made some pretty big mistakes, Betts. You're human, and you deserve to be loved. You need support, a-and I want to be there for you if you'll let me. Not to mention, I broke my promise to you. I told you I would be here for you, especially since you were pregnant, and then I ran out on you. I'll never forgive myself for it.".

His lap began to become wet with splotches of his own tears as they fell from his face, and I could tell that he was genuinely remorseful and guilty, as was I. We both knew that we needed each other more than anything. I couldn't spend another day in misery without him.

"Jug... I forgive you, too, and I'm beyond grateful that you forgive me. This whole situation was my fault, and it hurt and I'm sorry, but it made us stronger. S-So, um, will you have me as your g-girlfriend again?".

Jug's endlessly blue eyes, filled with glee, met mine for half a second before they squeezed shut, his lips suddenly pressed harshly and fervently against mine in a passionate kiss. "Yes, Betty Cooper. Nothing could make me happier.".

We both giggled tearfully as we embraced each other in a long hug full of longing and desperation, clinging onto each other as if our lives depended on it.

After a moment, we pulled away, both of our faces tear-stained.

"Well, m'lady, you are my princess tonight, so we mustn't let all of this go to waste.", he stated as he gestured towards my outfit, beholding me with awestruck eyes.

"Yeah, what even is all of this, Jug?".

"Well...", he began, a blush rising to his adorable cheeks. "Since we never got to go to prom because you got pregnant your junior year, I figured I would recreate it for you in hopes that I could woo you into getting back together with me.", he stated admittedly as he laughed.

"Cheryl, Toni, Archie, Veronica, and the girls were all in on this. So, will you go to prom with me?".

"What do you think, you dork?", I teased as I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck as his hands went to my waist.

Just as we pulled each other closer, our favorite song, My Love My Life, turned on, cutting the previous song short and increasing in volume. Giggles could be heard echoing through the hall upstairs as it did, followed by the pattering of footsteps halfway down the stairs.

"Well, in that case, may I have this dance, beautiful?".

😌😌😌😌🥺🥺🥺🥺