"I'm your plant," she follows me, reaching her hand around me to steal a chip, and then waltzes back into the living room. "Leo, où es-tu allé?" She sings.

I stare at her and grin. She pretends to waltz around with an invisible figure, before snatching Leo up off the couch and twirling him around. Emma's always had an effortless grace to her (unless she's driving and the road rage comes out, but even then). She notices me staring and gives me a stern look.

"What?" She demands. I shrug.

"You're just really pretty."

She scoffs and rolls her eyes, gently setting Leo back on the chair. He bolts out of the room, seeing his opportunity for escape. "You're gonna confuse yourself."

"No, you're a different kind of pretty."

She scrunches up her face.

"I just mean like, I appreciate your beauty, I don't want to get up in there or anything."

She bursts out laughing and falls onto the chair. My face heats up.

"What?"

"Get up in there," she repeats between fits of giggles. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to my chips.

"You ready for tonight?"

A few hours later a knock resonates from our door.

I slide off the table and open it. There's Harry, soft brown pants and a matching sweater. He brightens at the sight of me. I bite my lip and drag him into the apartment by his wrist before he can say a word.

"Um, hi," he manages once I yank him in, his eyes wide in playful surprise.

"First of all you know it's mid-August right."

"I always dress warm," he shrugs. I hesitate for a moment, and then sharply inhale.

"Emma's still getting ready," I mumble. He nods.

"Alright sounds—"

"Are you nervous?"

"Am I what?" He blinks, not processing.

"I'm kind of nervous," I admit. He hesitates, watching me, and then slowly nods. A realization and understanding forms behind his eyes.

"I see."

"I've never done a double date."

"Me neither." He reassures.

"And I don't know, I don't think either of us know Kate super well. I mean me more than you, but I've known her for five years and honestly I could probably tell you three things about her."

"What are they?"

"Well her name's Kate," I start. He smirks. "She's gay. She has brown hair."

"Right."

"What if she's really boring? Or chews with her mouth open?"

He stifles a laugh, his eyes filled with amusement. And then he reaches out and holds me at arms length, staring intently. "I highly doubt someone that Emma likes will be anything short of wonderful."

"Right."

"Come're," he brings me in and kisses my nose, pulling away to stare at my eyes, and then leaning in for a real one. I let all my other thoughts melt away for a moment to appreciate his touch. When he breaks us apart, he keeps his forehead pressed against mine and whispers quietly. "At least the two of us will have fun. I promise."