Chapter 5

When they were 16,  something changed.

The blue in Gias hair had completely  faded and her natural deep chestnut colour had returned. It was shorter, her defined curls bounced when she walked. Her Mediterranean skin was darker after spending the summer in Italy, and the sun had brought out a few freckles around her nose. Puberty had done her well. Her figure had changed over the summer, her waist was more defined, her legs had lengthened. Although her puppyish brown eyes still showed her youth there was a new elegance in how she walked.

Draco had changed too. Where they had been equal in height before she now had to look up if she was going to talk to him. His hair was no longer slicked back, but it fell messily in front of his face, and he would shake his head sometimes to remove it from his eyes. His jaw was more chiselled. His skin still shone pale and his eyes still shot glares to whoever he felt like deserved one. But he looked fiercer now, his arrogance taken more seriously. You couldn't not notice him. 

Gia had gained a different type of reputation. She was still funny, still pleasant to be around, still feisty when professors asked too much of her on a bad day. But now people whistled when she walked by. Boys who had once been her friends now talked about how "hot" she was. She had been on at least 10 dates, and had been asked on a lot more than that.

In October, Gia had been slipped a love potion by an older student. It had caused quite a scene, her loudly announcing her love for a boy she'd never met on a quiet Thursday night. The whole school had heard about it too. Gia told Blaise what it had felt like, while laughing about what could have happened had Rosy not found her first.

Blaise had laughed with her at the story. Draco, who was sitting close by, had not.