14: Daughter Of Former Psycho Assassin ✔︎

Comenzar desde el principio

"You are correct, hey. And I'm sorry, but you are?"

     "Hill. Maria Hill. Nice to finally meet the girl Steve and Bucky keep rambling about. Not that Barnes talks all that much, but when he does it's about you."

My gaze moves to my father, who's cheeks are tinted a light pink. I rest my head on his shoulder, he smiles at the comforting gesture.

"Eww, Barnes is showing affection! I think he's sick!" Sam exclaims.

"Shut up, Sam." My dad groans out, tilting his head back.

"No, I'm serious!" Sam insists.

"It's his daughter! Obviously he's going to show affection dipstick." Maria says in a duh tone. I like her.

"Wait, former psycho assassin has a daughter?" A new guy puts in.

"Scott, where have you been? You should've been here like 40 minutes ago," Wanda states, walking over with Nat.

"Well Cassie got me stuck up. Had to say good night, ya know?" The presumed Scott asks.

"May we go sit down?" Vision questions.

"Yeah. It's getting kinda crowded in here," Nat points out.

We gather the team and go to sit on the couches. Me sitting in between Maria and Natasha.

"Wasn't someone else supposed to come? Peter, was it?" I ask, shyly.

"Peter, oh yeah." Tony pauses to look at his watch, "he was supposed to come 10 minutes ago. He was going to be later than the rest."

    "So what have you mortals been up to lately?" Thor questions in his booming voice.

    "Besides having to take care of this child right here," Steve points to me, "nothing much."

    "I am not a child!" I deny.

    "You're 15," Papa deadpans.

"68!" I protest.

"Yeah, sure. But you were in cryo freeze through most of those years. That doesn't really count as living." Steve argues.

"You have a point. You're supposed to be on my side though, Uncle Stevie!" I pout.

"I will be on the side of yours, Lady Vera. If you will have me," Thor requests.

"Thanks buddy!" I exclaim, sticking my tongue out at Steven. "At least someone is."

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I saw a guy trying to steal a woman's person on my way here so I had to handle that. Hey Mr. Stark, Ms. Potts you are looking lovely this evening. Not that you never do, besides tonight. It's just-" the new teenage boy continues to ramble on.

"Kid. It's okay. Meet Vera, she's around your age. Well not mentally, but psychically speaking." Tony interrupts.

"Oh hello, nice to meet you. I'm Peter by the way."

"ShadowHunter," I joke.

"Oh we're using our made up names. I'm Spider-Man then."

"Say it any louder," Sammy mumbles. Peter covers his mouth in shock.

"Whoops. Didn't think about that," Peter mutters, looking around at the people.

"I'm going to get a drink. Care to join me Ms. Potts?" Tony asks, extending an arm for her to take.

"Is it just me, or are we all questioning how Tony can actually have some class." I point out.

They all nod simultaneously.