He's Awesome

1983

Y/n's p.o.v.

"Rebecca should get expelled from Aberdeen High. But your lucky it's the first day. And you didn't introduce me to your friend?" Dad tells me.

"Well this is Kurt Cobain! And he claims to be, drum roll please, the coolest kid we'll EVER meet!" I say the way Kurt said it to me this morning.

Kurt just lightly smiles.

"Hi Kurt. And you probably are the coolest kid I'll EVER meet! Y/n is so boring. She just eats and sleeps!" Dad tells Kurt shaking his hand.

"Thanks dad for lying to him. Now he thinks I'm a lazy bum!" I say being over dramatic, joking around.

"Well, do y'all have any ideas for what we should have for dinner?" Dad asks us while he is getting a water bottle from the fridge.

"Oh, I don't wanna bother y'all Mr. l/n! I'll probably leave before y'all start dinner so you don't have to waste it on me!" Kurt says shaking dads hand, while also kindly rejecting the offer.

"It'll be okay. We would love to have you for dinner and please call me John!" Dad says in a welcoming tone.

"Yeah, trust me my mom won't care either. I don't know what to eat for dinner. What about you Kurt, you know anything." I ask Kurt while taking his backpack off of his shoulders. Then hanging our backpacks up.

"Steak? If y'all have it. I don't really know what else." Kurt says looking at me then dad.

"I like the way you think Kurt. I would love to make steak!" Dad says giving Kurt a little pat on the shoulder.

"Yeah steak is dad's favorite." I tell Kurt.

"Yeah it is my favorite!" Dad says patting his stomach.

Kurt just chuckled.

"Can you please not tell mom about me getting into a fight with Rebecca when she gets off of work?" I ask dad.

"Yeah, I'll let you slide in this one. But what caused the fight in the first place?" Dad asks me with his eyebrow raised.

"Well you know how I get when people start talking crap about my friends, right? So, she said something about Kurt and it made me mad then she smacked me. Then it just escalated from there." I tell dad.

"Okay but you and Kurt go have fun." Dad says shaking his head while he is getting the food ready.

"Come on let's go to my room!" I say grabbing Kurt's arm waking up the stairs up to my room.

"This is my room." I say letting go of Kurt's arm and pointing to stuff in here.

*time skip*

"That's my little room tour!" I say.

"I like it, it's way neater than my room." Kurt says giving me a serious expression on his face.

"I have never gotten well with TWO people, with my first time meeting them. Especially someone who is my age!" I tell Kurt referring to him and Krist.