13) Awake... and Together Again...

Începe de la început

We pressed the call button, and after a few moments Dr Jamie walked in.

Raven's eyes finally opened all the way. She looked around frantically. She was panicking. It was a good thing that her powers were being controlled. Otherwise this whole hospital would be a blown to pieces. Robin walked up to her, held her hand, and looked into her eyes.

"Hey. It's alright. I'm here. We are all here. You got hurt so we are in the hospital, but you're ok. I'm right here." He said with a smile.

She calmed down, but still continued to survey her surroundings.

She looked at me and we made eye contact. I immediately looked away.

All I could think about was when she woke up the first time. We stared into each other's eyes for minutes at a time. They were so perfect. So beautiful. It felt so... right.

I hung my head down.

Dr. Jamie walked over to Raven and began asking her questions.

I looked back up at her. Her eyes were still focused on me.

Those beautiful sparkling violet eyes.

I had missed them so much.

I started to tear up, but forced away my emotions.

After multiple tests and lots of questions, Dr. Jamie and the nurse left the room.

Raven looked out at the window. Then back at us.

"So... what happened to me? How did I get hurt?" She asked.

We all looked at Robin, waiting for him to explain.

"It was a fight with Plasmus. Things got more intense than we were expecting and we got separated. Flying debris hit you and you were knocked unconscious," Robin explained

"Well did you guys catch him?" Raven asked.

"Ummm.... well kind of. But don't worry about it. We are safe and so is Jump city. We got Titans East to help us out," Robin responded.

"How long have I been out for?" Raven asked

"Quite a while... but you're safe now. And you get to go home tomorrow! The doctor said that you were the strongest patient that she's ever had," Robin replied.

Raven smiled a little, then looked back out at the window again. She hung her head in defeat. Then she started to speak again.

"I'm sorry guys. I should've been stronger. I should've protected you guys. I should've..."

Robin walked over to her and put her hand in his.

"No. We all fought as hard as we could and used our training. You did amazing. Most people would've given up after getting hurt. Most people wouldn't have been able to make it out of this hospital. I'm really proud of you Raven. We all are."

She smiled again.

"I'm just ready to get out of this hospital," She said.

"I think we all are!" Cyborg said, laughing

Robin walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Mind if I have a word with you out in the hallway?" He asked me.

I nodded my head and followed him out of the room.

Once we were far enough away from the room that the rest of the titans couldn't hear us, Robin leaned in and started talking quietly.

"Look Beastboy... I don't know what happened between you and Raven or what was said when she was awake, but I know something happened. I'll let you decide when to tell her that she woke up," he told me.

"Thank you. I'm sure it won't take long. Just enough for her to wake up enough... and maybe stop being mad at me..." I replied as I hung me head down.

"Hey... she's not mad at you. That's what you thought earlier and that definitely wasn't the case. Remember?" he said with a raised eyebrow while elbowing me.

I pushed him away

"Whatever," I said in a monotone voice.

"Man you're already starting to sound like her too," he said with a laugh as he started to walk back to the room.

I thought about the promise I made to her. If I tell her about when she was awake do I have to keep the promise too? I mean... no one will know right?

As if he could read my mind, Robin turned around and put his hands on his hips.

"Oh... and I heard about your little promise to Raven. I expect that promise to be fulfilled. I don't want anyone taking advantage of Raven, and that includes breaking promises," He added.

I sat there with a blank stare on my face.

Shit.