Chapter 35: Korean BBQ

Start from the beginning

[White Pear Blossom, Lili: I’m new, what’s so exciting?? I opened the screen and was hit with a critical hit decreasing my HP, aaaaah!]

[Schrodinger’s dog: When the anchor looks at me with a smile, all the stars in my sky want to be picked for him!]

Gu YuMian started broadcasting a little late this evening. There was no doubt that the overall popularity within the two days made him place first in the rookie’s competition, but it was not so today. However, half an hour after the broadcast, the distance between him and the first place of the day had been narrowing. So far, the online audience had reached three million, about to surpass the first place.

One hour at noon and half an hour at night could let him surpass the second-placed RMB broadcaster who drew prizes to accumulate the popularity for most of the day.

Let alone the rookie competition, he was above the normal top anchor. Even if he used the high traffic from a Saturday, it was a good result.

“Okay,” Gu YuMian said after putting the ingredients in different categories. “There’s basically nothing to deal with. Let’s cut and marinate the pork belly and Kobe beef.”  1

He cut the pork belly into slices. The slices cut by Gu YuMian were slightly thicker than normal, so they would be tender and chewy when barbecued. As for the high-grade Kobe beef, it was first cut to remove the arteries and other inedible fats, cut into thin finger wide slices against the grain, and then gently patted with the back of his knife to make the meat softer.

As usual, the shrimp were peeled and their veins cut out. The other vegetables were washed and cleaned with water.

“Mix the dip and the marinade.”

The little snow leopard and the baby panda didn’t see Gu YuMian for most of the afternoon. Now they were very sticky — the performance of little Tangyuan was more direct and intimate, while the little snow leopard inadvertently circled his own place of belonging with his tail.

Gu YuMian was afraid that they would run around and touch the ingredients or sauce and smear it around with their claws. He simply picked up the baby panda and put him between his knees. Then he fished up the little snow leopard and stuffed him into the collar of his sweater. He put his chin against the little head of the little snow leopard to keep him in place.

“The main taste of the marinated meat in the soy sauce and the dipping sauce is salty, spicy, and smooth.”  2 Gu YuMian found a chili sauce that had a light taste, on the market. At this time, he mixed the chili sauce with cooking wine and soy sauce. Then he added a small spoon of sugar, mixed it with a certain amount of sesame oil, and then put the Kobe beef cut into thin slices into it. He then put it into a special vacuum high-pressure device which could shorten the marinating time, and cook the meat directly once it was done.

The dipping sauce was ketchup with chili paste and soy sauce. Gu YuMian sauteed the minced ginger and garlic for a while before adding them to the dipping sauce with sesame oil and finally adding three spoonfuls of sugar to taste.  3

In this way, the color of the dipping sauce was rich and bright, and the audience could smell the sweet scent of the carbonated water, and the fragrant stir-fried ginger and hot sauce.

[Throwing Cosmetics: Wow, this dip looks good and smells good.]

[User 187874: I’m new here. Why does the anchor spend so much time on a dipping sauce? Can’t you start earlier?]

Gu YuMian just smiled and didn’t answer the question.

The soul of Korean barbecue was the dipping sauce, which was far more simple than having a good appearance or smell, but these words were not clear. In the few minutes of waiting for the meat to cook, Gu YuMian was not idle either. He lit the stove under the table and started to put oil in the hot pot, spread some mesh he had found to replace the barbecue grate, and then sprinkled another layer of olive oil on the surface.