"What will you say to her when you are introduced?" The attendant asked as he tossed Jungkook's shoes onto the bed.

Jungkook smiled at the thought. "I don't know yet. I want it to be something that will make me stand out from the other men. Maybe something funny."

"Definitely not something funny." The attendant mumbled.

Jungkook gazed over at him in annoyance. "I'll know what to say when the time comes. I just know it."

The attendant sighed.

Meanwhile, only two rooms over, a very different conversation was happening between a man named Min Yoongi and the man who accompanied him.

"Remember why we came." The short, pale man sitting in the corner hissed. "This isn't just some vacation for you to enjoy." He spat.

Yoongi looked in the mirror with an emotionless face. "I know why I'm here you don't have to remind me." Yoongi turned around purposefully. "I'm not an imbecile."

"Don't be sour, Lord Yoongi, your father sent me, his trusted councilor, to keep you on track with your mission."

Yoongi pulled on his dress jacket and played with his hair in the mirror. "Remind me," he started. "Does father even want me to give the princess an ounce of attention?"

The councilor sat back in his seat, silently content with the fact that the boy needed his help to go over the mission. "He said he doesn't care. Keep in mind, you are not here for the girl. Just to keep surveillance on the castle before..." He trailed off looking around the room, worried about eavesdroppers.

"I understand." Yoongi didn't make him finish.

Min Yoongi was the son of the most powerful lord in the kingdom, he naturally desired more. And so did his father. He knew why he was here. He was executing a plan that was in the making for quite a while. He bit his cheeks as his mind wondered to the princess. He couldn't help but be curious about her. But that wasn't his objective. He erased her from his mind and continued to get ready. There wasn't any time for daydreaming about princesses.

While Sir Yoongi finished getting ready for the ball, in other part of the castle, Sir Kim Seokjin, or Jin as most people called him, snacked on a bowl of nuts in his chambers.

Jin had been ready for the ball for almost an hour now, and just waited for the time that the castle bells would ring, signaling for the gathering to begin. Jin had traveled to the castle alone and started to regret it. He silently wished he had brought along an attendant, or even his younger brother, but that would have meant the long carriage ride here would have been filled with the awkward small talk that Jin most despises in this world. He liked traveling alone, but now, sitting in his assigned castle chambers, teaming with anxiety, he didn't think the small talk would be so bad.

Jin had heard from castle servants when he arrived that he was the oldest suitor coming to try for the princess's hand. He was surprised at that fact because he wasn't that old but was grateful that it gave him an edge. It was something about him that would be noteworthy to the princess. He was here genuinely hoping that he would find the princess's company enjoyable and maybe be the one she picks to marry, but he dreaded the inevitable conversation regarding his past. He at least hoped not to have that conversation tonight.

While Jin stayed in his chambers, silently awaiting the beginning of the ball, Lord Kim Namjoon rushed around his room. He had gotten a late start on getting ready and was worried he'd be behind schedule.

"Have you seen my socks? I can't find them anywhere?" Namjoon threw the contents of his travel case behind him as he searched.

Namjoon's older brother, who had decided to attend the ball with him, was already busy looking for his brother's undershirt when Namjoon called this plea for help. "You packed so much stuff!" His brother retorted. "How can none of it be socks?"