He acknowledged the fact that he had been blessed with a handsome face, but silently hoped that the princess could see past that and fall in love with his soul. Taehyung believed in true love, and despite being a lord who was expected to marry well, he had always wanted love in his future. But he knew it didn't matter. He had to be the one the princess chose. If he wasn't, it meant ruin for his family.

His uncle straightened his sleeves and pushed back any hair that came out of place in his fit of anger. "You will make the princess fall in love with you and marry you." He looked at a slightly fearful Taehyung with dark eyes. "If you fail then you will not be welcomed back at home."

While Taehyung received a reminder as to why he had come in the first place, a man named Park Jimin pulled on his expensive and lavish dress coat in chambers not too far away. "I heard she's pretty."

Sir Jimin turned to look at his older sister who sat in the corner of the room. "I heard she's beautiful." Jimin responded. "Why else do you think I would come all the way here?"

His sister stood, elegantly. She would also be attending the ball wearing a simple but gorgeous nonetheless gown. "I don't know, Jimin," his sister spoke coolly. "The rumors may be false. Why would a princess of a kingdom not be wed at age 18? Most princesses in her situation would be married at 15 or 16." Jimin scoffed at his sister's argument but let her continue. "Maybe she's ugly and that's why she's not yet wed."

Jimin straightened his coat. "No, that's just not true. I knew a nobleman who returned from the castle after trying to court her who claimed she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. The only problem was that she refused to speak to him."

"Hm." His sister hummed. "She's emotionally unavailable?"

"I can't imagine she's been treated very well by her parents because of her being the biggest disappointment in the kingdom."

"Just because she's a woman?" His sister mocked, but her tone seemed slightly offended. Jimin nodded to her. "You're probably right but that's absolute bullshit. Women can do great things too."

Jimin raised his eyebrows. "Well, she has to marry a great man now," he looked at himself in the mirror, content with his appearance. "And that great man will be me."

As Jimin and his sister continued their banter, one hall over, the youngest of the suitors spoke to his attendant.

"I'm excited." His smile was bright, and his motives were clean. Lord Jeon Jungkook was here because he wanted to fall in love. "I've never been to a ball this big, and I can't wait to see what this princess looks like."

His attendant watched him from his closet as he trifled through the different outfits Sir Jungkook had packed. "Do you remember what you've been taught?" The attendant asked.

Jungkook sighed. "I promise I won't make of a fool of myself. You and my father alike have this convoluted theory that I'm some screw up who will embarrass the family."

"Honestly, my lord, their worries do carry some weight. You're about to meet the royal family for the first time and have a chance to wed the princess. You should take this very seriously."

Jungkook flopped down on the bed, causing his attendant to make a scolding face in regard to the wrinkles it would make in his suit. Jungkook had a tendency to make a joke of his family. Whether it was forgetting proper etiquette to saying the wrong things at the wrong time, Jeon Jungkook was sent to the castle with strict orders to make the princess fond of him, and not to make a mockery of his family. Jungkook knew of his family's concern but felt that being himself would be the best way to the princess's heart. As an 18-year-old princess who had not yet married, Jungkook had the feeling she wasn't one to fall for fake personas and cheesy pick-up lines.