Part 1

(Y/N POV)
May 10th, 1944

As I pull out my pen and paper I struggle to remember what his address was, his address being my friend Lyle. Lyle and I have never met but we were encouraged by friends to write to one another. Lyle and I haven't wrote to each other for 5 whole months because he has been very busy with the war.

I start writing my letter and put a few pictures of me from a week ago. I sealed the letter and wrote the address then I went to bed.

5 days later

I get a letter, I was assuming it was from Lyle but it had said from Bobby. I have no idea who Bobby is. I open up the letter and I am kind of embarrassed that I sent the letter with photos of me to the wrong person. The letter reads

" Dear Y/N I believe you might have sent this to the wrong address, that being said hello. I did read half of the letter, I apologize but I thought the letter was meant for me. You don't look like any girl I have ever seen; that's a good thing. Since you have sent a picture of yourself, it is only fair if I send a picture of myself so here. Write me back if you'd like."
Sincerely, Bobby K

            I am speechless. I go to look at the picture and see a man who looks like he's in his early 20s. I am 17 so I don't feel uncomfortable that he saw my picture.

             I immediately go to get a paper and pen

             I immediately go to get a paper and pen. I write back to him apologizing. Am I really sorry? No because he looks very handsome so maybe this could be the start of something. I write that I am sorry and ask him about himself because why not. I tell him my age and ask him to write back. I go onto send that letter and hopefully get a letter back from him.

It's been two days and I have no response which is fine because last time it took five days so I do not think anything of it. I was reading a book when it hit me. I haven't written to Lyle.

I quickly get up and write to him. I don't really feel like writing to him but I still do. I put one picture of myself and seal it. I send it off.