Chapter 2

Ari weakly opened her eyes. She didn't feel like she was falling anymore. In fact, the only thing she could feel is...her broken arm, broken antenna, and many other injuries. She hissed. The pain was unbearable.
„S-SIR? Where ar- ooow!" Ari tried to sit down, but a sharp pain went through her arm and back.
„I am here, my master. I regret to inform you our ship has been severely damaged."
„I could've figure that out. I hope my PAK heals me soon. Meanwhile, I'll just walk around on my PAK legs, I guess...where even are we?"
„We are currently on Earth."
Ari's eyes widened. Earth.
„Earth...that...that means Zim..." she grunted and got up on her PAK legs. „Can we call the Tallest in any way?"
„Probably not. Your communicator is broken." SIR informed Ari as she walked to the nearest lamp.
„W-well I have no idea who lives on Earth. I don't know anything about Earth. Assuming Zim's been here so long and hasn't died, it's probably not anything dangerous, but I'd still feel safer having soemone who knows stuff about this place..."
„GIR, STOP HUNTING THE SQUIRREL! I CAN GIVE YOU NUTS! JUST STOP!" Ari heard a familiar voice.
„Could it be...?" and suddenly, a green figure ran in front of her. It was running after a similarly green dog and it was continously screaming. When it ran back and forth the lamp Ari was standing under for the third time, it abruptly stopped. It looked at Ari, very much surprised. It was a green person with a black wig and purple contacts...okay, yes, it was obviously Zim.
„U-uuh...Are you Invader Zim?"
„Aren't you Invader Ari?" they both said in union. „WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? ARE YOU HERE TO STEAL MY MISSION?!" Zim screamed out of nowhere.
„No! And yes, I am Invader Ari. I...I accidently crashed my ship here and I kinda need help." Ari responded, needing a rest to heal. Irkens don't really have to sleep unless they need to heal big wounds. Which is exactly what Ari needed right now.
„How can I trust you?! YOU COULD BE THE DIB!"
„The what? Well, if you don't believe me, then I can show you my ship! I really wouldn't normally ask the first person I meet, but as irken to irken..." she really needed help. She has never been wounded this badly. Even in countless battles, she never broke an arm or an antenna.
Zim thought about it. If she really isn't the Dib-stink or one of his countless experiments, would it be a good idea to let her into his base? Well, the Tallest like her a lot. The whole Irken empire likes her a lot. This would be a really good idea in hindsight, the Tallest would probably reward him for being so generous.
„Hmm. Well, I thought about it, and go on, show me that broken ship of yours." he demanded. Ari's eyes lit up with hope. She signaled Zim to follow her and went where her ship was.
„Half of the ship is very much broken and I myself am wounded. I will have to inform the Tallest, but my communicator is also broken, which is why I need shelter. I also need to fix the ship as soon as possible." Ari explained. Zim nodded.
„Ahh, I see. Well, this doesn't seem like the Dib's tricks. I shall bring this to my base where we'll work on it. I have a bunch of stuff to help repair the ship." Zim said proudly.
Ari was happy. Well, until she realised...she's going to the base of a criminal. He killed TWO Tallest. And he has blown up a lot of stuff. Is this the best idea? Well she can't stay outside a planet she doesn't know for too long. And Zim does probably know this planet better than anyone.
„Okay. But I'll be in your base only until the ship's restored." Ari said and Zim very much agreed. They then spent the whole rest of the evening getting the ship into Zim's secret base.

„I'll have to rest now. My PAK should be able to heal me relatively faster if I'll be asleep." Ari explained what she didn't really need to explain, but she did anyway.
„Fine. But don't sleep all night. I'll have to familiarise you with the concept of Skool and the humans and all their filthy...things." Zim said as Ari just nodded.
„I'll try my best not to be asleep for too long, but I can't promise anything." Ari said as she went up from Zim's underground lab to the living room where she fell asleep on the couch.

Ari slowly opened her eyes, relieved that she doesn't feel the pain anymore. She sat down on the couch and looked around. Zim's house was definitely strange. Not only the choose of colors, but even how normal it's trying to be - it's what makes it not normal. She looked out the window. Pitch black. Ari walked into the kitchen. This is her temporary life now.
She noticed how her arm isn't perfectly healed, but it's enough to do some things with it, like writing. It still hurt a bit, but Ari assumed it will stop hurting after a while. About her antenna, it was perfectly butterfly-like now, as it should be. Ari went down the trash-can to check on her ship.
„Zim? How long have I been asleep?" Ari asked as she finally found the room Zim was currently occupying.
„I don't know, five hours? What do I look like, a clock?" Zim responded as he continued typing on his computer.
„Where's my ship?" Ari asked as she wasn't in the mood to make small talk.
„More like what's left of it. It's in the next room, identical to this one. You have your own workspace. I know, how generous." Zim smirked, although he didn't even turn to look at Ari.
„Okay." she said as she went to the second room. This surprised Zim.
„Aren't you gonna say thank you?" he said as he finally turned around to look at Ari. Now that she wasn't in the dark or asleep, he had to admit, she's pretty.
„Get over yourself. Irkens should treat me with respect automatically." Ari said annoyed, continuing to walk over to her room, not even looking at the still surprised small irken.

Ari finally took a look at her ship and it was terrible. Half of the ship's missing and the glass was shattered. Ari couldn't help but gasp. She then looked around the room. Zim was right, it was identical to his. It was a square room, painted dark green. There were two monitors. Ari assumed one was for calls and the other one for making notes and writing progress. The ceiling was made up of wires. There was a thick wall and a door separating the two rooms.
„Nice I guess." Ari thought as she looked under one of the monitors. There was a bunch of boxes. „That's probably tools and extra parts." Ari thought as she opened the boxes one by one - she was right. „I'll try starting the computer or whatever it is." Ari said to herself as she started it. It was just a blank background with two icons in the middle.

Updates
Notes

Wonderful. Ari thought right. She didn't bother opening the icons, she knew what they were.
„Umm, where can I call the Tallest?" Ari mumbled to herself.
„Calling: the Tallest" a deep voice spoke up. Ari's antennas suddenly perked up.
„...Oh. Well, okay, I guess I can call them now." Ari said a bit louder. The Tallest picked up.
„Ziiiim, what is it aga-" the Tallest Red suddenly stopped his sentence as soon as he registered the female irken on the screen. Ari smiled in relief.
„ARI?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN ZIM'S BASE?!" Purple yelled as Red just stood there, shocked. Ari got a little nervous. She has to explain it all now.
„What did Zim do?!" Red suddenly barked out. Nice, she can blame it on Zim.
„My Tallest, allow me to explain. I have been involved in a conflict with two different species and one hit my ship three times. I crashed on Earth. Zim has offered me shelter and he will eventually help with the ship repairs. I predict it will take...uhh..." Ari didn't know. She doesn't know how long a spaceship repair will take.
„Well, are YOU okay?!" Purple asked out of the blue. This made Ari smile.
„Yes. I had a broken arm and antennas, but my PAK has healed me." Ari said. Red spit out his drink.

I swear if anyone else touches another antenna on your head, I don't know what I'll do!" he said.
„Well, how long are you planning on staying on Earth? You need back-up, don't say you don't." Purple asked.
„I don't! And I don't know! This is so dumb, I just want to finish my mission and stay in the Massive forever or something." Ari blurted out and she immediately put her claws over her mouth. „M-my Tallest, if you don't hear from me in the next month, Zim has either murdered me or driven me insane. Uhh, goodbye." and with that, Ari ended the call. „I'm not planned for this..." she sighed and sat on the floor, looking at her broken ship.