Ch26: No One Likes A Blabbermouth

Começar do início

---

Jimin, Namjoon and Yoongi arrive at the agreed spot that Jeongyeon suggested, a small alley in some shady neighbourhood that Jimin has never been to before. Once he walks in, he sees Jeongyeon, with the same four guys who were with him the time before.

Jeongyeon turns around at the sound of their footsteps, a smoke between his lips as his eyes fall over Namjoon and Yoongi.

"Of course," He scoffs, pulling the smoke out of his mouth, "You got some idiots for your aid."

"Well, it wouldn't be fair if it was just me against you and your minions, would it?" Jimin says.

"Fair enough," Jeongyeon replies, throwing the cigarette on the floor and stomping it with his foot as he scans Namjoon and Yoongi, "You think your tattoos will scare me off, assholes?"

"Aah," Yoongi says, craning his neck back with a sigh, "No one likes a blabbermouth, so let's get this over with, huh?"

And with that, he walks towards them, and punches one of Jeongyeon's friend in the face. The guy falls to the ground, unmoving, with blood dripping down his nose.

"Wow," Yoongi says, a small smile on his face as he turns to look at Namjoon, "Didn't last long that one, did he?

Namjoon notices how the rest of the guys are taken aback, even Jeongyeon himself, his eyes widening as he slightly steps back.

Namjoon grins back at Yoongi, rolling up his sleeves, showing his arm tattoos, "This is gonna be so much faster than I thought it would."

He steps forward, but a hand on his shoulder stops him and he turns to look at Jimin.

"Jeongyeon," Jimin says, nodding over at the said guy, "Leave him to me."

"You got it, kid," Namjoon says as he pats Jimin's back and heads to the other guys.

Jimin takes in a deep breath, and runs to Jeongyeon, raising his fist in the air to aim a punch, but Jeongyeon holds his fist and twists his arm, so Jimin raises his left leg and knees Jeongyeon in his side. Jeongyeon falls to the ground with a groan and Jimin takes a second to celebrate his first hit before Jeongyeon stands up again and punches Jimin in the stomach. Pain spreads out through Jimin's body as he hunches over, his breath hitching, and before he can straighten up to face his opponent again, a sharp pain strikes his shoulder as Jeongyeon elbows his back, and Jimin falls over to the ground.

"Still weak," Jeongyeon says as he looks down at Jimin kneeling down, clutching his stomach and heaving for air, "Always will be. Thought you could beat me, midget? Should've found someone your size."

You have strong legs, Lee's voice ring through Jimin's ears like a bell, and as Jeongyeon puts a hand on his shoulder to turn him on his back, Jimin spits on Jeongyeon's face, making the latter yell and step back, and Jimin takes those few seconds to stand back up, right leg forward and left leg back. Just as Jeongyeon removes his hands from his face, Jimin turns on his heel and aims a roundhouse kick that knocks Jeongyeon to the ground. He straddles him down, and raises his fist.

"No one likes a blabbermouth," Jimin says before punching Jeongyeon's face. And again. And again. Until he feels him stop struggling beneath him, his eyes halfway open.

Jimin's chest rises up and down quickly, his heart hammering against his ribcage. He slowly rests his fist and looks up to realise that two guys had already ran away, one is shivering in a corner with a bruised face, and the one that Yoongi knocked out earlier still sprawled out on the floor. Yoongi is sitting on the ground with a smoke between his lips and Namjoon is standing with his arms crossed, eyes on Jimin.

Namjoon shrugs. "It was much faster than I thought it would be."

"Oh," Jimin says, glancing down at the half conscious Jeongyeon before standing up, wincing at the pain in his abdomen as he does so.

"Broken rib?" Namjoon asks.

"I don't think so," Jimin replies, "but a bad bruise I suppose."

"You did well," Namjoon says with a smile, uncrossing his arms and walking to Jimin to give him a small pat on the shoulder as he starts walking away.

"If they bother you again, you know where to find me," Yoongi says as he stands up, following Namjoon.

"Guys!" Jimin calls after them and they stop in their tracks to turn around.

"Thanks," He says with a smile, "I mean it."

"It's always nice to do charity."

"Yoongi!"

"Just kidding."

Jimin laughs at their antics, though it hurts to do so, and starts walking away with them. He turns his head to take a look at Jeongyeon, who's now slowly rising up from the ground, then looks back ahead, taking long strides as his heart swells with pride.

---

A/N: I hate this chapter jfjshhd pls