The Cursed

this is my first story so bare with me ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

prologue

i whimpered. no. not again. will he just stop it? will someone just please help me?

i've been wishing for this too many times but not a single help came. i was too afraid to tell anyone what i was going through.

my dad kicked me in the stomach again and i gave out a painful groan.

it hurts

so painful

black dots danced across my vision. the world wobbled.

'because of you, you're mom died!' my abusive father said. 'because of you i'm alone in this world.'

another kick.

then another.

'dad,' i whispered.

'what?' he asked. 'what did you just call me? i'm not your dad you bad luck shit of a daughter!' he yelled and slapped me three times.

a tear escaped from my eye. no, i can't cry now. not in front of my father.

he kicked me once again and grabbed my hair. 'don't you call me dad because you're not my daughter anymore. first it was your brother then it was your mother. who's next, me?'

he pushed me to the wall and banged my head. 'go cook me some dinner and don't you dare put a poison on it!' he yelled and threw me to the direction of the kitchen.

i limply went to the kitchen and started making my father his dinner.

you're probably wondering what i did to deserve this kind of beating. you're probably feeling pity for me. but i'm telling you, do not.

i'm the reason my brother died. i'm the reason my mother died. and i'm the reason why my father was slowly losing his mind.

once, my uncle fell two stories high because i called him from below. second, my auntie was baking a cake because it was her daughter's birthday. she was playing with me that day. when she already needed to take care of the cake, she sent me home and i went home angry at her. after an hour, my mom told me my aunt was already dead. she said the baking oven exploded. my aunt was about to go to our house to apologize to me. she forgot to turn off the oven and it exploded while she was passing by the kitchen. but that's not all, there are still tons.

i'm what you call 'bad luck'. i brought bad luck to my family. ever since i was born, tragic events and accidents began happening. i was the black sheep. the unwanted. i was a curse to the family.

i don't felt pity for myself. i felt pity to those people who died because of me. it was all my fault. if i wasn't born, my brother, mom and dad would still be living happily right now.

i snapped back into reality when i felt someone slap my face. i dropped the knife. it accidentally fell into the foot of my father and stabbed him.

he howled in pain.

see? bad luck.

'you little devil! look what you've done!' he yelled.

he grabbed a towel and started wiping the blood off while i just stood there, watching in horror.

after wiping the blood off, my father threw the towel to my face and punched me in the stomach.

'you're really a bad luck! why don't you just die already?' he asked.

i wonder why too, dad. i wonder why i'm still alive. maybe you could just kill me so my suffering will end?

i just stared at him and he went outside the kitchen.

part of me was glad that i only got beatings and not sexual harassments too. some girls around the world are beaten by their fathers and are also sexually abused.

i sighed and went back on making my father's dinner.

after i made his dinner, i went outside and ran to my favorite place on earth, the sea.

it was a 15 minute ran towards the sea. my mom once said that small boats used to ship goods there but when a bigger shipping sire was made at the center of the town, the boats decided to ship their goods there.

it had been 4 years since my brother died. it had only been a year since my mom died.

i sighed.

i hugged myself because it was cold. i rubbed my stomach and winced. i'm sure there are already bruises blossoming in there. both my legs hurt too.

life is so painful.

anyway, i'm erica fox. i'm 17 years old and i'm a junior student at coldwater highschool. i'm the school's loner and only outcast. i don't have friends and i pretty much don't talk at school when i don't need to. i have dark brown wavy hair, green eyes and pale skin complexion. and most of all, i carry a curse.