"Idiota! How did you manage to hit your head while climbing out the window?" Evangeline shook her head healed the fresh bruise on the top of my head.

"Good to see you too Eva," I grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

She flicked my forehead.

Liz laughed quietly. "Come on you two. We don't have all day."

I sighed and followed as Liz took the lead back to camp.

As I walked behind Jaleigh and Evangeline, I realized just how close the two were. Obviously they'd spent a lot of time together while I was gone. I wondered...

Jaleigh was gossiping about some kid in the Athena cabin that had burned the cabin down over a spider (which I did not blame them, I would've done the same thing) when I blurted out, "Soooo you two are dating?"

Evangeline and Jaleigh both froze and looked at me like I had grown a third head. Suddenly, they burst out laughing.

"Me? Date her?" Evangeline said through her laughs. "No way, Jelly Bean's WAY out of my league."

I forced down a laugh at the nickname.

Jaleigh shook her head, giggling a lot. "Nuhuh! Imagine us dating though. That would be so weird!!"

"Absolutely! And I don't like you!"

"Yeah, I don't like you at all either! That'd be crazy!"

"So crazy!"

Their giggles turned into nervous laughter.

I raised an eyebrow at Evangeline but she ignored it. I'd have to investigate that later.

During the walk, I pretty much learned everything I had missed while I was gone from Jaleigh's ranting. That girl talked more than my sister when someone brings up RWBY, and that's very impressive.

Liz was quiet for the majority of the walk, but it wasn't anything new. She'd always been a very independent person. Socializing just wasn't her favorite activity.

After many, many hours, a few shortcuts Jaleigh found, and my limbs almost falling off, I finally saw Half-Blood Hill in the distance. I had to sheild my eyes from the sun, because it was already up. My limbs felt like complete jello because we hadn't stopped at all, not wanting to risk a monster attack. Not to mention I was freezing my butt off because it was snowing the entire time. I looked around at my friends and saw they were just as exhausted and cold as I was.

I reached the top of the hill and smiled, looking down at the camp. My camp. I hadn't noticed how much I'd missed all of it; the smell of strawberries, the way it always stayed green even though it was the middle of winter, the screeching sound harpies used to wake the campers up. I loved it all.

But I didn't have much time to admire it before I felt something tackle me from behind and I went rolling down the hill with whatever it was that had attacked me.

I expected someone to freak out or yell "MONSTER," but all I heard were Liz and Evangeline snickering from the top of the hill.

We reached the bottom of the hill and I tried to reach for my daggers, but my vision was spinning. Before I could recover, the attacker spoke. "Aziza Cardona, if you had died while visiting your stupid family I would've brought you back from the underworld and killed you again."

A smile crept onto my face as I realized who it was. "If you hadn't, I would've been worried."

Eve rolled off my back and turned to look at me. "Hey weirdo."

I laughed. "Hey raspberry."

She smiled slightly and stood up, brushing her jeans off.

I looked up at her. "Aren't you gonna help me up?"