chapter two

*hunters pov*

-2 days later-

"now, we'll be learning about chemistry. any questions?" my teacher asks while i play on my phone.

i swear to god this class gets boring every single time. i look over at terrell who's sitting all the way in the front and i can't help but cross my legs.

he didn't brush his hair this morning, it's messy and he looks so exhausted, but he looks so hot. like his hair is so pullable right- okay i'll stop. he has a girlfriend, i have to respect that.

i felt eyes on me and i look right back, terrell smiles softly at me. i blush and look away quickly.

i need to talk to him about my feelings. NOW. i cant hide this from him any longer.

i quickly reach my notebook in my binder and i tear out a piece, i grab my pen and i start writing on it

'meet me beside the bathrooms, i have to tell you something important'

i fold the paper into an airplane and i look at my teacher, she's completely distracted so i threw it. terrell jumped and looked over at me with a stiff laugh, he opens it, and looks back at me to nod his head.

"uh.. miss walls? can i go to the bathroom?" i ask. she looks over at me with annoyance and nods her head. i walk out of the classroom then i hear terrell ask, she says yes and he quickly follows me to the bathrooms.

"thank god you're here terrell i have to tell you something " i mutter.

he looks in my eyes with guilt, as if he was trying to say something.

i furrow my eyebrows. "wait what's wrong?" i ask, i go to grab his hand but he pulls away quickly.

"i kinda have to tell you something too." my heart starts to pound and i get shakey, i hoped to god it would be good news, but it really wasn't.

"i don't know if i can do THIS anymore" he says and moves his hands between us. my heart stings as those words came out of my best friends mouth.

"terrell.. why?" my voice cracks in pain, i never would've thought this would be my last time with my best friend. i never even got to tell him that i was in love with him, honestly glad i didn't. he probably would've just changed the subject.

"because my girlfriend doesn't like us together, she thinks you're a bad influence on me and she's jealous. sorry."

my heart hurts and i look away quickly.

"how could you do this? i mean, i've known you longer than she has. you've been my best friend for years, terrell. and you're doing this now? i don't even know what to say" i feel my eyes start to sting, my chest was hurting and my head was pounding.

i couldn't believe this. i really couldn't.

"hunter this isn't my fault." he snaps. i flinch at his tone of voice and i look up at him with hurt eyes. he's never raised his voice to me like that. this isn't the terrell i fell in love with.

"o-okay.. whatever you want i guess, have fun with your fucking play toy. fuck you terrell." i say with tears falling out of my eyes like a waterfall. i didnt think anything could've hurt me this bad. but it did.

he looked at me with no emotion, shrugged his shoulders and walked away. he really didn't care, did he?

waves of nausea came over me, i run into the girls' bathroom stalls just to puke my guts up.

nothing can get more worse than this.

hiii! thank you for the positive feedback on this book so far! i greatly appreciate it 🥺

if you have any suggestions i can do for the future, dm me on here or twitter @colbyspineapple !

i love you!