Chapter 23: The irony of a sperm donor

Start from the beginning

I left my cupboard open and searched for my phone. After found it, I dialled his number.

We might have been in an argument but I think he still deserve to know what was happening with his child, especially if the doctor hadn't been able to get a hold of him. That way he won't say no one told him.

Today my calls went straight to voicemail, it didn't ring like the last time. After trying several times, I finally gave up. He would find out about it sooner or later, if he had the decency, he'd call me back.

I returned to my closet.

Buried right at the back of my cupboard I finally found the perfect dress.

I received it two years ago as a present, back then it was a little too big now it was the perfect size.

I wore the dress then applied makeup, making sure it looked more like a natural look.

I loosened my hair into its thick wavy curls and ran my hands through it. Satisfied with my outfit, I found a pair of matching shoes and a purse.

Once I was sure everything was in order, I collected my card and set of keys.

Once I had finished, I looked at a few restaurant options on my phone. At restaurants like these, usually you'd have to book at least a week in advance unless you were super famous.

After contacting several restaurants, I finally managed to book a reservation at Ramsey, it was a excellent choice. I'm surprised I managed to get the reservation.

I took another look at myself in the mirror to make sure everything was in order. I then checked the time realizing that my reservation was in exactly in twenty-nine-minutes.

I managed to find a quicker route to the restaurant. I arrive with just two minutes to spare.

I got out of my car at the front of the entrance, a valet came rushing towards me dressed in his restaurant black uniform.

I handed him my car keys and continued walking to the entrance. I noticed two guards standing there.

"Your name ma'am?" One of the gaurds asked.

"Zoe Morgan's,"I answered.

He checked my name on the list then slowly nodded.

"Please come in," he said.

I took in a deep breath as I walked into the restaurant. I was greeted by the cold air from the air conditioner and the smell of good food.

I've never been the kind of person who spend money necessarily but, this was my last chance to spend my money without having to worry about saving money for diapers.

Another waiter stopped me in my tracks, he then lead me to a single table with my name on it. He handed me the menu and excused himself.

The moment I saw the prices I understood why this place was so reserved. It took me a three minute mental pep talk for me not to leave the place.

I stared at the menu, deciding on what to order. Most of it just looked like raw food jumbled up together. I finally decided on something with a weird french name. If I wasn't pregnant I would have ordered the wine.

I sipped onto my glass of water taking a look around the restaurant.

Only a few tables were occupied with most who looked like business man and woman, some looked like mistresses.

Crystal chandeliers were lining the ceiling, it brought a certain opulence to the place.

I looked up to see there was another floor to the restaurant. At the far corner of the restaurant there was a glass staircase that leads to the top floor. There were two gaurds gaurding the staircase. I presumed that was were the more important guests dined.