Chapter 41: Confessions

Zoe's POV

Alexander stared at me waiting for me to speak.

Wait, was I about to tell him that his father wasn't really his father and that his whole life was practically a lie?

He did a lot of terrible things, but this would be low, even for him. I should probably tell him, but not like this. Especially not because of revenge.

"I have to tell you that," I continued. "Green is not really your colour, it doesn't compliment your eyes." I lied instead.

He just looked at me confused.

I couldn't tell him. At least not like this. Maybe this whole thing was a misunderstanding, I needed to confirm things first.

I walked away from him towards the bed.

I could feel his gaze on me the entire time, I tried to pretend I didn't notice. Hiding this from him was a lot harder than I expected, I'm not good with lies.

I needed to do something to distract myself, something to distract me from the fact that I was technically lying to Alexander.

Maybe I should watch a movie, I wouldn't have to talk to him. If he spoke, I would just use the movie as an excuse to shut him up.

I sat on the bed and settled for a romantic comedy. When Alex settled in next to me, I should have known it was a bad idea. Not because he was incredibly close to me and that I could feel it every time he laughed but because I should have known that he would try and ruin it for me.

"Aaargh," Alexander said staring at the screen.

"What?" I said slapping him on the shoulder. I needed him to be quiet. "Are you allergic to romantic scenes too?"

"How is that romantic?" He questioned.

"It was unexpected and heart whelming," I explained to the sight of the couple now kissing.

"That's a possible sexual harassment lawsuit." He answered.

"You are just so sadistic," I muttered.

"How would you like it if some creep just grabbed and kissed you?" He retorted.

"But he is not a creep," I retorted.

"How do you know that? It's not like they show you everything that goes on in his head. What if he keeps a shrine of her or something?" He answered.

I just stared at him for a while as I tried processing everything. He had a point. How do you explain to a sadist the difference between a romantic scene and just a creepy person?

"You suck the fun out of everything," I muttered instead.

"You're welcome," He whispered back.

Great! He just ruined that for me too. Now pretty much every time I see I scene when a guy grabs a girl and kisses her, I'm reminded of Alexander's words.

"Is he really just about to... "

"Shhh," I said placing a finger on Alexander's lips. He had officially ruined romantic scenes for me I didn't need him to ruin another thing for me.

"Why don't you be a doll and get me some popcorn, and a foot massage," I said.

My feet were killing me.

"Okay, I'll get the room service." He said.

"No, I need you to do it," I insisted.

~.~