The confused look fades from Emily's face as the memories flood back. JJ grabs her hand in comfort, bringing the brunette out of those memories. "Wait sorry Rory, do we need to explain further?" JJ turns to her, Rory shakes her head, having already heard the unsettling story just a few nights earlier. "no no no, Spence was kind enough to fill me in on that particular chain of events'' He tightens his grip on her hand, the memories of that breakfast coming forward in their minds, "ah yes good good. Well when we do have a new bo-lead on Elle, Emily, Rossi and Rory, we'll need you to help us, you never knew her, she won't be able to get inside your heads.

The sullen faces settle back over the BAU team's faces as it sinks in that without another body they are unlikely to get any further with their investigation. But, of course, no-one was willing to accept that fact.

Exchanging quiet goodnights, the team separates into separate hotel rooms, having to double up again, Spence and Rory, of course share a room, along with Emily and JJ, and Rossi and Morgan and then Hotch, as the Unit Chief gets his own room. As the two lovebirds step into their room and close the door, Aurora immediately puts her bags down and sweeps Spencer into a hug knowing damn well after the day he had that he needed a little extra comfort. He stiffens up for a split second before melting into her embrace and burying his head in her shoulder. They stand there for a long moment, one that seemed to last forever, after a little while she feels him let out a soft sob into her shoulder, and tightens his arms around her waist. In that moment there was nothing in the world she wanted to do more than to make him feel better, but she knew there was nothing she could do except be there in that moment. She rubbed his back and just let the man cry like a baby into her shoulder, they sway slightly back and forth.

They stayed in that exact position for probably 10 minutes, immersed in each other's loving embrace, for a moment, just for a moment, there was no serial killer off somewhere in the night, Elle Greenaway was just an old friend, and they were at home, in each other's arms. Spencer pulls away and Rory looks up into his watery eyes, wiping a stray tear from his cheek lovingly, going up on her tippy toes and placing a soft kiss on his lips smiling lovingly to him. "go have a shower love, I'll bring you some clothes and make us tea. ok?" he nods, turning to walk into the shower.

Aurora leans against the bench, sighing with dread for the next few days. She hears the shower start running and smiles softly, knowing that no matter what, they would always have each other to come home to.

--

little did the two know, that 1000 miles away, Elle Greenaway was taking her sweet sweet time with a man names Jacob McLeish, who had been accused of raping a minor, and then exonerated.

She grins as he whimpers with fear, spinning the short blade between her fingers, "now love, where shall we begin" she lightly traces his face with the edge of the knife as he shies away, terrified and shaking. "shall we start with the eyes?" she sits the knife lightly on his lash line and he clenches them tightly, "you used these to eye up that fourteen year old girl, didn't you" he shakes his head profusely, body shrinking down against the brick wall "DIDN'T YOU" she roars at him, the knife making a deep cut on his cheekbone, the blood trickling slowly down his face "you're crazy" he whispers, the fear in his voice could be heard for miles, no matter how quiet he was. She grins, a smile not of happiness but of mania, she felt immense pleasure from the sensation of a man who caused so much hurt, to be hurt himself. "oh I know I'm crazy, but am i wrong?" he opens his eyes for a split second before, her eyes flash dangerously and she stabs the knife straight into his eye, giving him no chance to close them. he lets out a gut wrenching scream at the pain before passing out. The blood spills down his face, dripping down, and soaking his shirt. "good, you've finally shut up" she cocks her head to the side watching him bleed out, a sickeningly satisfied smirk filling her face. before giving a manic smile and holding the knife up to stab his other eye.

--

Spencer and Rory wake up to the frantic knocking on their hotel room door, "I swear on god if you two don't wake up I'm coming in there to pour water on you!" Emily yells from behind the door. Rory shoots up "Got it Em, we're up" Spencer groans from beside her, "what time is it?" he squints up at her, unable to see without his glasses or contacts. Aurora could not help but swoon at his morning voice, no matter how many times she heard it, it always got to her, "how long have we got em?" she calls out to the woman at the door, "Hotch wants us all down stairs in 30" Rory turns and checks the time "its 8:30 love, Thanks Em!" she calls out the last part to her friend and coworker.

Who could be heard walking away, most likely to her room that she shared with JJ just down the hall. They sit in silence for a minute, neither wanting in any way shape or form to get up. "hey spence.." he raises his eyebrows and shoves his glasses over his eyes "yes love?" he responds, "have you ever thought about how good of a couple JJ and Em would make?" he looks up at her, pondering the thought for a moment "I've never thought about it before, but now that you bring it up.... yeah I think maybe so" Rory pulls the covers off her leg and nods "see what i mean?" he nods thoughtfully, "yeah I do" the two share a smile and rummage through their suitcases searching for something to wear for the day.

It took them the full half hour to get their shit together and head to the door, fully dressed and ready to face the day. Aurora turns to him, and looks him in the eyes before saying "we're gonna get through this ok Spence, we'll find her, and when we do, we'll bring her to justice" his eyes harden and he nods. She could feel the determination radiating off of him. As they walk out the door she prays to god that it would be a better day than the one before.

she didn't know if they would be able to handle one like it.